opinons on vito's stock crank

98blaster

Jul 31, 2008
pittsburgh ,pa
My buddy broke my case on one of my blasters, so since i got the cases split i figured i might as well rebuild it, i work to late to take my crank an have it rebuilt so i was thinking of just buying a vito's stock stroke crank since there on sale, whats you guys opinion on there cranks?

Basing off what i have read, not personal experience.

OEM is the Stock stroke crank

go to vitos for extended

ship the crank to ken, or wait until you have the time

I have a vito's stroker crank, but haven't finished that build yet. OEM is the best crank no doubt but im not gonna spend over the price of a new vito's crank to have Ken rebuild my OEM,

Nothing wrong with the Vito’s crankshaft. It is produced in Taiwan / China (not sure where) but has a decent track record. It’s about $28 less that going with an OEM rebuild due to the low cost of the rod and sale price. The Vito's rod is different than other Blaster rods in the fact that the big end OD is smaller than all of the other Blaster rods you can get. This is how they can pull off a 3mm stroker without trenching the cases. This is also how I can pull off a 6mm stroker without case welding. This is the second year with the Vito’s rod on my 6mm and all is well. I did see that the price is marked as a “special close out “. This makes me think that this item will soon be joining the Fat Bastard pipe, and 240 cylinder kits as discontinued. I use a Pro-X rod when I rebuild Blaster crankshafts. If a customer would request a Vito’s rod kit, I could match the Vito’s price. Pro-x rod kits are almost double the price. While you’re on the phone with Paul, grab a set of the center case bolts, bottom end gasket and seal kit, and a set of KOYO main bearings. All good stuff. I would spring for an OEM base gasket. We’ve seen too many failures with the paper ones.

Thanks for the info Ken, i bought the vito's crank, i already have the allen case bolts thats all ill use the phillips was retarded idea on yamaha's part. I bought all new complete seal kit, new all balls main bearings, an a oem base an clutch cover gasket, im still gonna send my crank to my local shop for rebuild, as i have a hotrods crank rebuild kit i bought about 7yrs ago so it should still be a good one before they went to sh*t, ill keep that crank in oiled bag for a spare