Opinions?

Yeah but I'd feel a whole lot better if somebody that's done it before do it for me. I don't feel that confident about it. LOL

If you're talking about just a rebuild, you really should tackle it yourself. A blaster engine (except for requiring a few special tools) is about as simple an engine as you can dig into. It has about half the moving parts of a lawnmower....

If you're looking for a performance build, that's a different story. Ken O'Connor put out a series of youtube videos about some basic porting steps that will clean up that poor casting on that blaster engine and will breath some new life into it. His entire video series is about what a regular person can do at home with a simple dremel tool and some carbide burrs, stones, and sanding paper. What he shows in the video is relatively simple and can be done by anyone with a steady enough hand to hold a dremel tool.

Basically, I recommend it to anyone with a stock blaster top end simply to "clean up" the casting flaws.

In order to extract maximum power out an engine, however, more in depth work is necessary. The blaster engine suffers from a lack of exhaust port area(severely from the factory as a matter of fact) and, depending on how you want to tune your engine, the port timing can be modified to change the power delivery characteristics. Couple a portjob with a head rechamber and you actually have an engine that flows better AND burns the available charge better.

Instead of an old 70's tech low power beginner quad, you have a rip roaring snorting 2T.

Yeah true. I didnt think about that. Well im 18 years old and just got a job so im kind of on a budget. So is there any cheap but not cheap engine mods yall can tell me about. Besides boring it out and all that stuff. Also im trying to find somebody to completely rebuild my motor. Its a 99 so its got ALOT of hours on it. An the bottom end is pretty weak. Anybody got some suggestions? Thanks.

Do not attempt an advance timing mod on a tired worn motor, it may clack its self to the grave.:D

i have the same temptation to buy nice looking things for my blaster and it sucks waiting for something you want. but id rather get the mechanical and electrical issues taken care of first before i invest money into the apperance of it.