Opinions on this used cylinder

ky88blaster

Apr 24, 2016
I won a pair of stock bore oem cylinders off eBay for a great price. One has had a touch of port work done. The intake has been cleaned up a lot and also has the 2 extra ports added into the intake. I don't think the transfers or exhaust has had much work though other than smoothing the castings. So my question is, would I be better off sending this one to have the porting done completely or would it be worth just running as is?

Attachments

• IMG_1710.PNG
    IMG_1710.PNG
    995.4 KB · Views: 183
lets see pics of the exhaust from outside thru the port and inside from the top down into the cylinder.
they both should be done to see maximum gains.

is there a piston fitted to this cylinder ? does it measure the correct clearance ? and make sure all ports are chamfered correctly to prevent rings from snagging < so in that breath, unless you have definitive answers to those, send it out to a builder...... Ken Oconnor Racing of course :)

Don't have a piston, and there's some light visible wear in the cylinder so I will probably order the next size up piston to be bored to. Yes ken O'Connor was gonna be my first choice to send it to.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.PNG
    IMG_1720.PNG
    928.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1719.PNG
    IMG_1719.PNG
    928.9 KB · Views: 158
I've been out of the 2 stroke game for a few years now. My last one I pieced together from a rolling frame and built a motor from eBay parts and it was a runner! Was a ported 3mil by flotek. I've got a few videos on YouTube from back then. I've got a spare motor now that just needs a left side case. Might build it into another beast after I get my suspension finished

good deal! yea I think when I get the chance soon, hopefully, I will be sending the cylinder out for some good all around trail port work. and also going to send the head to be rechambered. I never did that with my old blaster, so it should wake it up even more.