opinions on 400ex rear shock install

Since I can't find the place where I got my info (its at home) I will give you a quick run down of the basics.

There are several adjustments on the YFZ shock:
1) the threaded Preload adjustment. (the big nut thingy holding the spring) variable adjustment
2) Low speed compression adjustment. (the small brass screw on the reservoir) about 20-21 clicks BE CAREFUL ITS SEMI FRAGILE start about halfway,and adjust 2 clicks at a time until right.
3) High speed compression adjustment (the nut on the outside of the low speed adjustment about 3 clicks of adjustment only. Start with middle adjustment
4) Rebound adjustment (at the bottom of the shock) Generally set this slower so it does not rebound to quickly, and hit your butt causing ejection.

Like I stated before set these settings about mid way,and adjust from there to get the "just right" feel. When i find the post I used I will put it here for reference.

I am very interested in purchasing one of these shocks for my blaster, as I think it will be my next up grade. I wondered though if they are rebuildible?

i found my 2006 LTZ450 shock on ebay for like $35 shipped. same as the 400ex without the $100 price tag.

i brought mine to a machine shop cause i was having trouble drilling out the top mount. they just put in a bronze bushing. everything fits like a dream.
then i filled in the extra space with washers.

if u put in a yfz rear and cut the bottom bracket shorter i thinks its easier than a 400ex ask fabb_3 or djackson

maybe but i have a 400ex shock sitting in a box in my living room and what to collect all the bushings, bolts and drill bits im gonna need to install it.