Opening day of Gun season here in KY and......

b_russell_82

May 7, 2008
Kentucky
the damn deer are to damn smart LOL.... I went scouting 3 days this week and seen some good deer every day then today nothing at all. Guess that's how it goes sometimes maybe better luck tomorrow, on a plus side there was a 28 point non typical killed about 3 miles from where I hunt so maybe he has some kids runnin around my way.

Thats good. Im not one of those anti-hunting guys, i just think that sitting up in a tree or a 100 yards or so away with a rifle doesnt seem like much of a challenge. sure you gota be able to shoot, but i think a cage fight 1 on 1 would be more fair lol. that biotch would knock your teeth out or just beam ya one right to the head for a nice KO lol

dang its just now startin guns there? we had bow for 2 weeks and that was the middle of october than muzzleloader came in on halloween, and riffle season just came in today.......i shot my first deer on thanksgiving last yea with my Reminton 243.....and this year for christmas im gettin a new muzzleloader, soo i can wait.....i LOVE to hunt

^^^^ haaha same here whole family is into it i just cant see myself sitting there for 4 hours not moving and not seeing anything.. but i love squirl and coon hunting

lol i dont know hunting, so i may be wrong, but doesnt a bright orange (whatever the hell there called, it slipped my mind) defeat the purpose of the camo suit and equipment lol? i know its for safety or whatever so you dont get popped in the face, but it just seems funny.

yea it does kinda kill the camo thing, but deer are color bling soo they dont actally see orange they just see a gray blob....soo yea but u have to were those during riffle season but muzzleloader, bow, and shot gun season u dont have to were them

hhahahhahha yea i guess??? nahh its just the bullets and arrows dont fly as far as riffle bullets, riffle bullets can go for miles and miles if they dont hit anything

It's not as much about hurting less but the impact pressure on a Rifle is a lot more then any other firearm and has a better chance of killing something. Also most muzzleloaders and shotguns dont have the range of rifles... Killing a big mature buck is one of the most challenging things you may ever do. Opening day of Rifle season here in KY should be a holiday. Most every factory here that is working overtime on weekends shut down for this weekend b/c most ppl call in anyways. As for the guy that commented on season just comming in.... Bow season started first weekend in Sept. and runs till Jan 19th. Muzzeloder is only in for 1 weekend in Oct and a full week in Dec. Rifle season started yesterday and runs for 16 days.

thants cool man, did ya get anything today, or r yall not aloud to hunt on sundays (someplaces you cant on sunday)

I shot one this morning but after searching 6 hours and tracking for ever the blood just stopped and nothing. Going back out tomorrow with a dog to see if we can find anything.

dang man, did it not leave much of a blood trail, the dog will prob find it if the coyotes havent found it already

well in iowa well most of iowa u cant use a rifle unless u live in southern iowa u can use a hipi. but for killin a bow is the best it leaves the wound open unlike a rifle or slug from a shot gun. it allows the wound to start healing fast unlike an arrow that stick it keeps it open an bleedin so it cant clot very easy. thats why there is talons on the arrows so there like impossible to pull out.

Yeah but you guys that live were you can't use a rifle have the REAL big bucks... Iowa, IL and a fw other places is where the big bucks grow but now they have shotguns and slugs so advanced they shot as good as most rifles do now. I would love to be able to be able to hunt some of those really big bucks in IL and Iowa