Ooops, carnage inside...

hotrodjrod

Dec 27, 2007
Dayton Ohio
Well, yesterday was great here in ohio. 45 as a high, clear skys, bright sunshine, and 3 of my best friends, and myself riding our quads. It seemed too good to be true.

First we rode some trails in the woods. Got stuck a few times, no biggys. So we decided to go blaze some new areas of my friends farm.

We found a really sweet place where we did wheelies for a while, and then we did some Jumps on this little hill. The picture is not very good quality, but i was getting about 3 foot of air. which was very cool for me, as ive not jumped hardly ever.

2272491466_8f35027910.jpg

Then right after you land theres another small jump, I hit it and got my front wheels up, and to my horror, saw my right wheel dangling from the upper a arm....

My buddy missed the picture of me crashing, as he was reviewing the one of the jump. I basically landed, the right side dug into the ground, I went flying forward about 10 feet, and my bike flipped over a couple times, and landed upside down. We flipped er over, and heres what we found..

2272492002_231149b8d2.jpg

2271698633_10d37c8c73.jpg

So, what choice did i have, but to be towed back by a Suzuki :(

2272492840_a73ee675ff.jpg

2271699577_a1ece6b0fb.jpg

But, at least I didnt get hurt. And it was pretty funny after the fact. So, looks like i'll need a new lower a arm. Apparently the top of the bolt on the ball joint broke, and caused the failure.

Enjoy

Dam!!

Any landing you can walk away from....

A suzki beats hell outta draggin' the pig!!

You are lucky that you came out alright, that's some pretty wicked force!!

No snow in Dayton?

A

its all about melted.

I shouldnt have trusted this a arm for as long as i have. I did the banshee front brake setup earlier, and i do believe a crash earlier in the day (when i wasnt even freakin on it, my buddy was pulling it out of the creek, and pulled it right into a tree like an idiot) i think both of those factors played into the failure.

I'll be puttin another stocker on it.

yeah, good to here your all in one piece...i posted on your wanted thread about having another stock arm for ya...shoot me an offer if your still interested...

Regal, i may be. I am trying to get one from a guy im buying some nerf bars off of already, but if i cant get his, i'll be hitting you up.

and blasterman312 what do you mean, "you seem beat on that thing"?

haha, i suppose. It wasnt that high of a jump though. I think the wreck into a tree earlier in the day may have caused part of the problem

dam will that always happen with stock a-arms? cause i just got a blaster (will post pics when i get camera back later today) i mean when i bought my quad it came with +2 a arms but i don't really want to put it on my trail quad

why wouldnt you want them on your trail quad? Bigger the better so they say. And no, like i said, I do beilve most of the problem was due to the fact that it got PULLED into a tree pretty hard earlier in the day. Ive been running them like that for 3 years, and this is the first time i had any problems.

lol the beginning of most of the trails around my house are soo tight, but i dunno i gotta get the quad running first. (no spark, wiring is all messed)