On or off?

I'm just going to put it back on for now, I don't have a new plug right now to use and cut up, I'll have to try it in a few weeks. One last thing, do I need to oil my air filter at all? I bought a brand new one from my Yamaha dealer in town. It has a bit of an oily feel to it.

I'm just going to put it back on for now, I don't have a new plug right now to use and cut up, I'll have to try it in a few weeks. One last thing, do I need to oil my air filter at all? I bought a brand new one from my Yamaha dealer in town. It has a bit of an oily feel to it.

Yes you do, it is a special type of sticky oil, buy it at your dealer. When it is dirty you wash it out with COLD water and detergent, dry it in the sun and re-oil it with the sticky oil. As it comes it is safe to use for a while until you can pick up the right oil.

Yeah, seeing the pictures of maimed pistons really drives home the jetting lesson, doesn't it. "just a little bit" lean will do that damage. A lot of us have made that mistake over the years <BLUSH>, you don't have to.

Yes you do, it is a special type of sticky oil, buy it at your dealer. When it is dirty you wash it out with COLD water and detergent, dry it in the sun and re-oil it with the sticky oil. As it comes it is safe to use for a while until you can pick up the right oil.

Yeah, seeing the pictures of maimed pistons really drives home the jetting lesson, doesn't it. "just a little bit" lean will do that damage. A lot of us have made that mistake over the years <BLUSH>, you don't have to.
3b's was probably "just a little bit" lean and thats what he did to his. mine was WAY lena and a trip down the street pinned in 6th and i was pushing it the 4 milez home. got pissed and pushed it in a ditch and walked home. me being stupid at its best right there. walked home got a chain and my moms truck and pulled it home. so the lesson right here is uf your going to do any mods, plug chop and rejet if needed. after what ive done ive got a small arsenal of jets!

Ok, I was just making sure that it needed oil, I'm more familiar with nitro RC trucks which use a certain kind of oil on their air filters, I think it would most likely be the same stuff. And yeah, that definitely makes you think twice about messing with something that affects the tune

that's what you should do on the K&N. using a UNI or similar, you need oil specifically for a foam filter.

btw UNI rocks