Oil

Cory2000

Sep 26, 2019
looking for what oil I can get from my local orileys and put in my quad for the gearbox can I use master pro two stroke oil or is that just for the fuel? Should I use automatic transmission fluid? Idk just wanna change it out and how do I tell how full it is now with no dipstick on the side just a cap there thanks in advance

Attachments

• 023FD602-C9D9-46CE-B795-1254DC215950.png
    023FD602-C9D9-46CE-B795-1254DC215950.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 151
looking for what oil I can get from my local orileys and put in my quad for the gearbox can I use master pro two stroke oil or is that just for the fuel? Should I use automatic transmission fluid? Idk just wanna change it out and how do I tell how full it is now with no dipstick on the side just a cap there thanks in advance
I always run MTL 80wt transmission oil

Master pro 2 stroke oil is only for the gas mix. I would recommend using the Lucas oil synthetic 2 stroke oil from O’riellys, it’s a better oil. As for the transmission, the manual calls for 10w-30 motor oil. I would use a SAE 10w-30 motorcycle oil. It has to be compatible with wet clutches, so that’s why motorcycle specific oil. All this you can find at O’riellys. On the side of the engine it says 650ccm by the fill cap area.That’s how much transmission oil it takes. There is a sight glass behind the rear brake pedal, it should be between the low and high mark next to the glass window.

Master pro 2 stroke oil is only for the gas mix. I would recommend using the Lucas oil synthetic 2 stroke oil from O’riellys, it’s a better oil. As for the transmission, the manual calls for 10w-30 motor oil. I would use a SAE 10w-30 motorcycle oil. It has to be compatible with wet clutches, so that’s why motorcycle specific oil. All this you can find at O’riellys. On the side of the engine it says 650ccm by the fill cap area.That’s how much transmission oil it takes. There is a sight glass behind the rear brake pedal, it should be between the low and high mark next to the glass window.
Ok I just ended up using 10w30 not synthetic

Any engine oil SM or less, NO friction modifiers or high mileage . 10-30. ATF type F is good but needs changing more often. Wouldn’t hurt to run that for a bit to help clean out the hunk. Always change when engine is warm.
I’ve been using Shell Totella
T-4 diesel 15/40 in everything, 2s-4s, lawnmower. Relatively cheap and high detergent.

Reactions: Cory2000
Any engine oil SM or less, NO friction modifiers or high mileage . 10-30. ATF type F is good but needs changing more often. Wouldn’t hurt to run that for a bit to help clean out the hunk. Always change when engine is warm.
I’ve been using Shell Totella
T-4 diesel 15/40 in everything, 2s-4s, lawnmower. Relatively cheap and high detergent.
Ok I changed it with 10w30 no additives and it’s not synthetic