oil!!!!

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
how much oil do you put in a blaster? i ussually filll it up to about the top of the viewing glass but i put a little more than that this time is it bad to have a little bit too much oil in the quad or is it ok?

its ok. its not the worst thing in the world. i run with a lot of oil in my tranny. but ur sopose to fill it to eaither between the two lines or up to the top line. since i race mine, and never trail ride, the oil from the trans is always moving fast, and that causess it to clot up agenst the sides of the trans cover, so a little more wont hurt. but yea on average, between the two lines on the glass.

650 milliliters after an oil change or 700 milliliters after cases have been split

No need to guess, when the mud dauber builds a nest in your vent tube it will blow the sprocket seal right out of the case. Luckily I was doing laps around some trees in sand so I eventualy noticed it. I was home at the time, had i been at the corner of Oak and Maple , and not noticed it, might have been a sad ending to the Blastee :eek:

I just put a qt in and never have had any issues.

The worst that would happen is you puke a little through the vent tube.

or u blow a gasket like i did on my ttr 90 and there is only one gasket in the whole motor thats not blown and it needs a kick starter sprocket and a motor rebuild befor its ridable again

But if a little wasp builds a nest in the breather tube, where does it go then??????????????????

The reason I mentioned this was, if you have the correct amount of oil in the box, the chances of blowing a seal is minimised.

Too much oil causes greater expansion at temperature, which may cause a seal to fail if the breather is blocked.

first of all i dont store my quads outside and the chances of that is slim to none and the mud dobbers around here wouldnt fit in my vent tube not to mention my vent tube is ran to the air box and has a filter from one of nitro rc trucks so i dont ever see that being a problem.