oil pump?

rgpannell

Jan 1, 2010
Northeast Mississippi.
ok so my blasty I'm rebuilding has had the oil blocked off and I pre mix. my question is the previous owner did the block off but he left the pump (the white gear inside the crankcase) in there. I am just wondering if this needs to be removed or will it hurt anything It seems to be running ok

it doesn't affect anything, just a long as the lines are blocked off or removed. The white gear will sit there and spin is all

i think there is just a c-clip holding it on...it's been awhile since i did mine....should be a easy thing to do...no special tools needed

Reactions: rgpannell
Yb is right no special tools. I took one off my old bottom end in less than 10 mins. fairly simple. You need to have a block off plate put in once its removed

Yb is right no special tools. I took one off my old bottom end in less than 10 mins. fairly simple. You need to have a block off plate put in once its removed

yup you need a plate but you can take a piece of aluminum and make a plate and seal it with rtv

I just pulled the gear out and reinstalled the pump, used a new gasket from the yamaha shop and called it good . I rtv'd the openings in the case and to the carb shut . when I get the bb kit I'll just plate the opening , but for now its all good.