oil light

yamaha blaster

Jun 15, 2008
Michigan
Okay so I was reading in my manual and it says when you first start up your blaster your oil light should come on then stay on for a few seconds and then go off; well mine doesn't even light up the bulb looks good so I was wondering what wrong? It says if your light doesn't come on you should take it to your yamaha dealer I am not doing that I am not paying somebody to doing something to my blaster that I could easily do.

yeah i had that broblem to, check the wires at the end of the line and see if they are together all of the way. if not its somthing up front

That light sucks anyway! If the light is on then you got problems, NO light is good. That means it's getting oil. My may flutter from time to time when it hasn't been started in a few days. But once warmed up it never comes on "Unless the oil reservoir is low", meaning below halfway really. Because the oil sensor gets a reading of low or no oil when the oil is bouncing around while riding. As a good measure I just fill my oil res when I gas up :). Simple really!!!

you dont need then light just keep an eye on the oil tank....and its for the 2 stroke oil not the tranny oil.

when i first got my blaster i wondered why the light came on when i cranked it but my dealer said dont worrie about it just watch the tank for low oil & dont mind what the light says.

Last edited:
I allways thought it was for the tranny not the 2 stroke thats kind of dumb actually why wouldn't yamaha make one for the tranny you can't see the tranny oil but you can see the 2 stroke. To check the tranny oil I have to kick the engine over and if its on the gears I call it good.