Oil Leak 96 blaster

Great news...I drained all the fluid out and i replaced it with atf type f to the right level. I ran it for about 20 mins and there is no more leak. The only thing that i have to fix now is a hanging idle if anyone has ideas about that.

Great news...I drained all the fluid out and i replaced it with atf type f to the right level. I ran it for about 20 mins and there is no more leak. The only thing that i have to fix now is a hanging idle if anyone has ideas about that.

Could be an air leek or possibly a "binding" throttle cable

where could the air leak be and i am replacing all the cables asap.and could it be a dirty carb or old reed valves

the air leak could be near the carb boot on the Intake side , could be a Base gasket , Could be many areas . That's why having a Leak down Tester is good to own .

I will rig up a leak tester but it the hanging idle happened after i drained all the nasty oil out then put the good stuff in. That is when it started happening.

doesn't smell any differnent or seem to smoke anymore but the idle just hangs there when you rev it up.