Oil Injection ??

ron89

Feb 20, 2008
bensalem PA..
hi i hope u can help me , ok i got this blaster the other day and i guess the guy took the oil injection out of it and he cut the lines and what not and he didnt block any thing on the carb where the oil went into the carb the line or w.e . so my question is if i run it threw the mudd. water with out blocking where oil line went into the carb will it screw my motor up . and if it will screw it up how would i go by blocking it off so no water can get into the carb/motor here is some pics below .

IMG_0043.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0044.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0045-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0046-1.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry for not noing what i am talking about lol i am still a noob with my blaster .

Yeah i think the previous owner was a little careless, if i was you i would order a 25.00 block off kit follow the instructions and make sure its all done right. or do an oil injection block off kit search on these forums and there should be a DIY somewhere

Yeah i think the previous owner was a little careless, if i was you i would order a 25.00 block off kit follow the instructions and make sure its all done right. or do an oil injection block off kit search on these forums and there should be a DIY somewhere

ok thanks for replying . yeah i seen the DIY it kinda point less with out pics. cause i have kind no idea what i am doing and i dont want to mess any thing up . u think there is any other way to rig it up cause i am broke, and i am trying to go riding this week end lol ..

ok, on the right side of the carb there is two nipples for lines, cover them up on the carb, if you work on cars at all you might have some nipple covers for holley carbs and edlebrock, but they are little rubber nubs that slide right over the nipples, just think of them as comdoms lol.

ok, on the right side of the carb there is two nipples for lines, cover them up on the carb, if you work on cars at all you might have some nipple covers for holley carbs and edlebrock, but they are little rubber nubs that slide right over the nipples, just think of them as comdoms lol.

ok, haha nah i dont have any lol .. umm if i were u clean the carb and and could i use some RTV gasket maker over the holes just till i can get a block off kit u think it would hold till then ?? . and if it would what 2 lines would i half to cover up? .

onlt on the carb u have to cover, the engine could be also, if you have some of the line from before, stick a screw inthe end with rtv on the threads to seal it, the block off kits are a waste of money, u get a metal plate and a gasket and thats what cost $30

onlt on the carb u have to cover, the engine could be also, if you have some of the line from before, stick a screw inthe end with rtv on the threads to seal it, the block off kits are a waste of money, u get a metal plate and a gasket and thats what cost $30

ok thanks ill try that ..

Plug the brass nipple, the aluminum nipples (theres one on both sides of the carb) are the float bowl vents and need to be OPEN, they are suppose to have some fuel line just like the line coming from the float bowl (it's the over flow drain) and run the vent lines down and ziptie all three lines together.

take silicone and cover the bronze looking nipple on the back of the carb in your pictures. thats where the line the from the oil pump connected to the carb. also cover the two holes on the outside of the oil pump cover with silicone. the the oil pump cover off, take the oil pump out, take the screws out of the pump and crack it open, take out the gear in there, put it back together and re attach the pump, this is how you safely block your oil injection without the kit.

ok i got it all done thanks for your help guys . and is this all i had to take out of the oil injector
IMG_0051-1.jpg
[/IMG]

that ^^