oil injection settings

dave

May 23, 2009
Can anyone tell me what the setting should be on oil injection sensor ( round knob on top throttle cable/ injection cable house. The one i'm putting on was all the way, I think the one I took off was about half way but I'm not sure. You guys are great!!!!!! Thanks in advance. Dave

I agree premix is better but im lazy i let the injector do all the work LOL.. Beside around my place some one would end up putting it in a mower or some thing LOL....

hey one question, for the mix is 8oz to 2gallons right, spectrum oil

also give me instructions on how to tear the damn oil injection off cause it sounds like a good idea, my older blaster, we had to mix them but when we bought it is was allready off it...

yea man take that peice of junk off and get the oil block off kit and premix your oil 32-1 ratio.
and yes 8 oz for 2 gal
just do the math

Im curious about this too guys, surely just disconnecting the pipes and blocking them off will do? Can someone please elaborate on this? only thing i can think of is that the pump will run continually for no reason, mmm should use it to pump some refreshment into my helmet when riding! :) no water breaks needed!

^^^^ still waiting on an answer^^^^

my manual gives specs but there is not an adjustment. it is either pass or fail- period. that is why most people disable the system and run premix. just bleed the system (make sure that it is completely air free) and enjoy. if the system is bad then you will know as bad things happen when the lubrication system goes on vacation. other than that there are posts in the forum that link to online manuals.

it is such an easy process to remove the oil pump and you dont need the block off kit unless you want to spend the money... I just took out the worm gear and the pump drive shaft and sealed it back up its like a 10 minute job

it is such an easy process to remove the oil pump and you dont need the block off kit unless you want to spend the money... I just took out the worm gear and the pump drive shaft and sealed it back up its like a 10 minute job

^^^^ yup, thats basically what i did. the gear is attached to the back of the clutch cover.

How Can you find out if the oil injection is working or can they get clogged or anything...Because my oil light came on tank was half full dont understand.....