Oil injection removal

thelsdj

Mar 5, 2013
Hi guys I'm trying to figure out how to get this oil injection hose outta my carb so I can clean it the carb that is any help would be welcome its a stock carb on a 1989 blaster thanks

pry the little brass collar back about a 1/4 - 1/2" then it should pull right off.
reverse procedure to reinstall

Ok so are u talking about the hose that is coming out of the motor right that's the only thing I can see going in the carb that's not a fuel line of some sort thanks

Ok so are u talking about the hose that is coming out of the motor right that's the only thing I can see going in the carb that's not a fuel line of some sort thanks

yes, the oil injection line comes off the right side, high and back of the carb, and runs down into the oil pump cover on the clutch cover

When I was looking at it last night it didn't look like anything was holding it on could this collar be missing and maybe I just need to pull the hose off

When I was looking at it last night it didn't look like anything was holding it on could this collar be missing and maybe I just need to pull the hose off

if the little brass collar is missing ?
that means someone else has already removed it once,
try to use a small flat screwdriver to pry it off, less chance of tearing it that way

thanks for your help i had the brass collar on it it was painted black tho lol pulled it back and it came right off thanks again