oil injection problem

oldford77

Jun 2, 2008
I just bought an 03 Blaster. First two stroke fourwheeler i have had. Guy i bought it from knew nothing really about it. When i got it, it was smoking like crazy. I talked to him about it and he had been premixing the oil, but all the oil injection is still hooked up. He said he rode it about 5 times and mixed it with a 50:1 ratio. I drained both gas and oil tanks and put in fresh 93 octane and new oil in the tank. It runs fine but Im not sure if the oil injection is working so I didnt run it long. Also someone has took the bulb out of the oil light. Any easy way to check and see if the oil injection is working? Thanks

well i have been wondering the same thing about how to chech and see how if it is workin because i think that mine went out, id say that your best bet is to get a block off kit and just premix it yourself like 35-14:1, that is what i am goin to do unless there is a way that you can figure out if it is working or not

why couldnt u start up the blaster and pop the oil line off the carb from the oil injecter and if it aint pumping out oil it isnt working ..

well how do you know if its getting enough oil tho, yeah i am prolly gonna take it off but why if it still works, its just easier to let it mix itself than goin thru and mixin it yourself. its just easier and some people are lazy and dont feel like premixing

It doesn't connect to the carb and I think what Im gonna do is just drain the oil tank and mix my own gas and oil.

what do u mean it doesnt connect to the carb???where does it mix with the gas and if u just drain tank and leave it pump air or dirt well thats just not to smart...i would just take it off there isnt no point in waiting till it blows ur engine up just premix its safer

I got confused cause when i followed the line from the tank it ran down to the case. I finally got in touch with the guy I bought it from and he said the guy he bought it from said the oil injection worked fine. So for now its running that way till I block it off. thanks

no prob i wasnt bashin ya i didnt realize it was u i though i was someone else telling u it didnt connect to the carb my bad man..best thing to do is get the block off kit

no prob i wasnt bashin ya i didnt realize it was u i though i was someone else telling u it didnt connect to the carb my bad man..best thing to do is get the block off kit

its all good. Im used to 4 stroke fourwheelers so this is all new to me. I have to say as small as a blaster is and as big as i am it suprised the hell out of me lol.

pop the line goin to the carb from the case off while its running. Thats what they told me to do, but I havent done it because the line on the carb doesnt look like it will push back on easily after I pull it off. Mine must still be working cause I have been riding it today and it hasnt blew up yet lol

i agree with blasterboy. premixing may be a little annoying, but it's a lot better than havin your oil pump randomly stop working, not knowing it, and smoking your top end and possibly crank and rod bearings.

there is a way to check it, get a clymer manual and it tells you. drain your tank and carb bowl and premix 24:1. (i know, really rich, but thats what the book says). take the cover off the oil pump, take the hose off the carb (it has a metal band, slide it down the hose before you pull it off, makes life a lot easie! then when you hook it back up, slide the hose on the nipple, then slide the band back up). put then end of that hose into a small graduated beaker or graduated cylinder. plug the nozzle on the carb to keep air out. remove the cover from the front of the oil pump to expose the piston shaft. ok it then says... have an assistant start the engine and allow it to idle, count the number of piston strokes up to 200, then quickly turn the engine off and measure the amount of oil in the beaker. should be 3.47 - 4.23 cc (0.117-0.143 U.S. oz.) then reinstall the cover on the pump, drain the premix, refill with unmixed gas, and bleed the oil pump.

to remove the pump: drain the tranny oil. remove right side footpeg. remove oil pump cover, disconnect supply hose and delivery hose and plug both. remove right crankcase cover with pump. remove e-clip on drive shaft. slide oil pump gear off drive shaft. remove pin from hole in drive shaft. remove second e-clip. remove 2 screws that hold oil pump to right crank case cover and remove pump assembly. remove and discard gasket, remove washer from drive shaft. remove drive shaft from right crankcase cover. do not allow the oil pump to contact dirt (store in plastic bag)

to inspect the pump (must be removed first): make sure all gasket material is removed from both mating surfaces. all parts except oil pump housing can be cleaned in solvent. inspect oil pump for leaking seal or any visual damage. replace if any damage is noted. do not dissassemble oil pump unit. inspect washer for nicks, burrs, or damage. inspect drive shaft for excessive wear, nicks burrs, or other damage. (now the part that always fails!) inspect (PLASTIC!) oil pump gear for excessive wear, cracks, or damage. inspect drive shaft bushing for wear, damage, or loose fit in right crank case cover. inspect drive shaft seal for tears or signs of leakage. lubricate all the junk with transmission oil (except seal, use grease) when you put it back together.

that was a lot of typing, and probably pointless, but hopefully it helps someone lol. i say just remove the little (plastic!) gear, block the nipple on the carb, remove the oil tank, and premix.

wow that was alot of reading. I did my block off yesterday without a kit. saved me thirty bucks and its running great. gave it hell all day today.

f*ck doin all that, ill just block it off, and besides how in the hell are you supposed to count 200 strokes while its idleing, good luck is all i can say to that

its easier just to take the dumb ass thing off either way u gotta buy oil and gas so why not mix them its not hard..and will save your motor in the long run just my opinion

very well put lol.. and its alot easier to do then what all that reading makes it sound like. it took me like thirty mins tops and that was with letting the sealer dry lol