Oil injection delete with no block off kit

Camtoe420

Nov 4, 2015
I'm posting this because I never seen anyone else post this method on here.
1. I removed my clutch cover and took out the plastic gear then removed the pump.
2. I didn't have a block off plate, so I used the rubber plug that's in the water pump outlit and jammed it in the hole where the oil pump sat ( it fits perfectly. Nice and snugg..almost like Yamaha was thinking ahead for us lol..
3. I then took the rubber cap off the now not used oil pump and that fit perfectly over the water pump out lit..
Has anyone ever done this..it seams super tight.. Does a lot off pressure build up in the case . will it blow out? Should I just put the pump back in its place? It looks cleaner this way...I lost the pump cover lol

I'm posting this because I never seen anyone else post this method on here.
1. I removed my clutch cover and took out the plastic gear then removed the pump.
2. I didn't have a block off plate, so I used the rubber plug that's in the water pump outlit and jammed it in the hole where the oil pump sat ( it fits perfectly. Nice and snugg..almost like Yamaha was thinking ahead for us lol..
3. I then took the rubber cap off the now not used oil pump and that fit perfectly over the water pump out lit..
Has anyone ever done this..it seams super tight.. Does a lot off pressure build up in the case . will it blow out? Should I just put the pump back in its place? It looks cleaner this way...I lost the pump cover lol
If it falls out you will have a air leak,, risk of blowing a piston,, the block off plate is fairly cheap,, a piston and rebore isn't.

Ya I'm iffy about it.I will just get a plate..what do u suggest for premix 32:1? I blew the bike up because I flipped it and air locked the pump that's why it's gotta go..I rebuilt and used the pump for months with no probs but i to change the clutch so figured it was a good time to tear it out

Reactions: josh519
A buddy of mine told me once what he did was fill the pump with oil and connect the in to the out, so it just pumps in a circle. Easy to do, and easy to put back if you ever want to