oil everywhere.

blaster03

Feb 9, 2010
ohio
okay so today i took the blaster for a spin with the new tires on it. and when i came back i noticed large amounts of oil all over it.... it was not my Gas it was straight oil... why and where is it coming from.... i could not find a exact point on where it was from... seems to still run fine.

you need to wash the bike off, and spray with a degreaser and maybe use a brush. to get the motor clean... than check your trans oil and refill if need to.. than let it run to see where its coming from

I am pretty sure on of the oil vent tubes run up up to the front right where you say it is leaking. Did you happen to put to much oil in the gearbox? It calls for 700 Ml after a full rebuid and 650 Ml when just changing the gearbox oil. You should have the gearbox filled half way up the oil sight glass.

\. You should have the gearbox filled half way up the oil sight glass.

I have 650 ml in mine and the oil fulls the whole sight glass (cold)....I saw the two lines and thought that was the "safe zone" gauge...you do put alot of oil in there if you think about it.

ya ill go out and check in a little bit and look at the sight glass.... if its still pretty full.. i will keep an eye on it to make sure it does move to much