Oil 2 stroke an gear oil?

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Trying to figure out what everyone thinks...
Best 2 stroke oil??
Best gear oil??
im loooking for the longest life out of my bike an the best performance kinda new to 2 strokes so i want a few points for what to put in there

Whatever is cheap man. These aint picky machines and you won't get anymore power from using a certain gear or mix oil (unless you have a matching company sticker).

^^^i disagree. Like with anything you get what you pay for. Spectro or Maxim make a good product, there are many others out there to, do you research and see what others are using with similar add-ons. For transmission oil, theres brand name products, Yamalube and others. Just make sure whatever you use they are made for Wet clutches systems I use golden spectro 2stroke oil and ATF type F for trans.

Don't cheap out on the 2-stroke oil, it's your engine's lifeblood!

I personally use KLOTZ and that is all I use in every 2-stroke I have, even WeedEaters lol.

For gear oil, I use ATF Type F, it is made for wet clutch systems and does not have friction modifiers that can cause clutch slippage, and at $2/Quart how can you beat it

One other thing to add-For 2 stroke oil- make sure whatever you use if you are pre mixing with gas it is for premix! If you are using the pump (autolube) you get stuff for that, there is a difference.

Crankcase oil (tranny)- The good stuff is belray gear saver about 10-11 bucks a quart! It doesn't last any longer than using "ATF type F" but I believe it does a better job at protecting the bearings in the tranny.

well thanks but as long as i do get a premix specific air cooled 2 stroke oil and a wet clutch specific tranny oil nothing should happen to my blaster correct? ... an i obviously understand you pay for what you get.

well thanks but as long as i do get a premix specific air cooled 2 stroke oil and a wet clutch specific tranny oil nothing should happen to my blaster correct? ... an i obviously understand you pay for what you get.

The 2 stroke oil must be designed for air cooled motorcycles, there are differences in the cooling methods of weedeaters and chainsaws.

Stick to one brand of oil, never mix Mineral oil with Castor bean oil.

Listen for any strange noises, take note of any change in performance, diagnose, investigate and repair.

Never make any changes to the breathing Eg: pipe, airbox lid or filter without changing carby jetting.

Use a B8ES or a BR8ES spark plug. Always use freshly mixed gas, no more than a few week old.

Never leave unstarted for a long period of time with out draining the fuel from the system.

Provided you do regular preventative maintainence, you should get many years of trouble free riding.

Treat it well and it will look after you.

Thanks I do all that jus idk what u mean don't lesve it setting for a while without draining the fuel out tge system... an preventitive maintenance I stick to the sane oil an change it keep up on the plugs an do what you jus said in that last post... an all I got left is the leakdoen test my compression was 130 then I can be confedent to ride it good :))

I burn nothing but bean oil B) smells groovy :D. I bought a new 250 Elsinore, burned nothing but Castrol R, put a bazillion hours on it, and when I tore it down the stock bore was still within spec. Only reason I replaced the piston was because it had a crack X(.

As to trans, I've ran atf in Blaster, 50/50 Atf/gear lube in Banshee, and this last time all bel ray gear saver. Never really noticed a diff between them. Be sure to check that trans vent tube is not blocked.

Fuel gets stale after a few weeks, dont mix up 5 gallons and leave it in the shed, only mix up enough for the ride.

If you leave the petcock on and the carb full, for a long period, it will build up a varnish coating on the carb inner, especially the needle and seat and cause it not to work.

I used to use Maxima 927 but due to its un-availability, I have recently switched to Castrol R20 and find it to be excellent.

I am one of the very few that use a pre mix of 25:1.

Last edited:
25 to 1 why so different man? What's it do... an I am gonnd give it an oil change this weekend an give it new fuel an premix the carb gave me trouble idk what hole to plug I got all.diffrent size.plugs tho it wa s an assortment pack... I always mix two gallons that's the size I have gas can an the oil comes in 8 oz bottles

whats the transvent tube?

Rubber tubing that come from the vent nipple on the gearbox and runs up under the tank.

It allows for expansion/contraction within the gearbox, to prevent damage to oil seals.

As to the 25:1 ratio question which I omitted to comment on.

The weather where I live is usually high in temperature, so I choose the 25:1 as an added protection. I possibly do not need to use more than 32:1, as it would suffice. But I like the peace of mind that more oil gives me.

The extra oil tends to raise the compression a little, for that little bit of extra get up and go.

I am also "old school", and have always maintained that any 2 stroke motor under 200cc deserves a 25:1 mix, and under 100cc a 16:1 mix.

Bear in mind though, any changes in oil ratios, call for rejetting the carb, confirmed by a plug chop.

Last edited:
I've been using pennzoil 2 stroke mix atm cause I ran out of klotz, and haven't ordered anymore the only thing I don't like about klotz is that it doesn't have a color adder, so I screwed up 2 gallons of fuel by adding to much oil because I forgot that I had already mixed it. I have been running bel ray 80w in the trans but I think I'm going to try aft next go around as I can't get bel ray locally.

Rubber tubing that come from the vent nipple on the gearbox and runs up under the tank.

It allows for expansion/contraction within the gearbox, to prevent damage to oil seals.

As to the 25:1 ratio question which I omitted to comment on.

The weather where I live is usually high in temperature, so I choose the 25:1 as an added protection. I possibly do not need to use more than 32:1, as it would suffice. But I like the peace of mind that more oil gives me.

The extra oil tends to raise the compression a little, for that little bit of extra get up and go.

I am also "old school", and have always maintained that any 2 stroke motor under 200cc deserves a 25:1 mix, and under 100cc a 16:1 mix.

Bear in mind though, any changes in oil ratios, call for rejetting the carb, confirmed by a plug chop.

the price of the primix i buy im tempted to go 40:1 just cause its so expensive. but cant risk it so i stay at 32:1. i think 25:1 is a bit much bro... not sayin its bad for the engine, but its bad on the bank account for sure if you ride a decent amount.

the price of the primix i buy im tempted to go 40:1 just cause its so expensive. but cant risk it so i stay at 32:1. i think 25:1 is a bit much bro... not sayin its bad for the engine, but its bad on the bank account for sure if you ride a decent amount.

25:1 may be bad for the bank account, but is good for the peace of mind, because of the way the lad and I ride.:D

40:1 is bad for the motor, stay at 32:1.

I changed oils. i put 80w belu ray gear saver in the trans. and petes didnt have a whole lot of selection on 2 stroke oils i used the yamalube 2 cycle premix oil for the gas. mixed to 32.1 an im gonna work on a plug chop test right after i fix my sprocket issue if anyone wants to look ant my tread on that i would aprreciate it. Btw anyone whose been following me. the leakdown test was good it was an air tight motor.

hey so for the plug chop test. this is what i got form the message some one explanined. i put a brand new plug in the bike take a plug wrench and a new plug with me go first through 6th all at high rmp heres where i lose it. im supose to pull the clutch an kill the motor in 6th gear?? let it roll to a stop. take the plug out put the new one in an go home. then when i actually chop the plug do i cut stright throught the treads all the way or cut so i jus remove the threads from the part underneath without cutting throught that.... also exactly where at on the threads do i cut?