ohh yeahh carnage :)

alex90

Oct 15, 2010
Dewey, Arizona
jud7og.jpg

24qu5q8.jpg

poor blaster under heart surgery

ouch! make sure that chunk of piston didn't break the cases

and is the top chewed up from detonation of chunks o aluminum?

ouch! make sure that chunk of piston didn't break the cases

and is the top chewed up from detonation of chunks o aluminum?

the cases thank fully are intact... the top is all chewed up from the aluminum i assume since i cannot locate any chunks anywhere in the cases or in the ports... so i assume it broke in to pieces then got sucked in to the combustion chamber and crunched up some more on the piston.. i figure this since there is foreign aluminum bits melted on the top of the piston..fun stuff...amazingly it was still running haha,, but had absolutely no compression

make sure to do a leakdown, most of the time it'll break a chunk out between the crank case and the balancer!

carnage pics are always fun.....so long as they're not your parts!!!! hahahahaha

The cases typically won't break when a skirt falls down into the case. Typically, the thing to worry about is the foreign object tearing the living hell out of the crank that's spinning around down there. You might want to check the crank for play and give it good visual inspection for galling. If you have shards of aluminium on the head pitting then it's from 2 places:
1: Excess heat causing the crown to slowly be blown away from excess heat/predetonation.
2: The crank destroying the skirt piece(and itself) and sending the small foreign object into the cylinder.......I doubt it though.

To me it looks like it was overheating to begin with and more than likely had too much clearance between the cylinder and rings based on the black on the side of the piston past the rings which shows significant blow by on the rings.

The cases typically won't break when a skirt falls down into the case. Typically, the thing to worry about is the foreign object tearing the living hell out of the crank that's spinning around down there. You might want to check the crank for play and give it good visual inspection for galling. If you have shards of aluminium on the head pitting then it's from 2 places:
1: Excess heat causing the crown to slowly be blown away from excess heat/predetonation.
2: The crank destroying the skirt piece(and itself) and sending the small foreign object into the cylinder.......I doubt it though.

To me it looks like it was overheating to begin with and more than likely had too much clearance between the cylinder and rings based on the black on the side of the piston past the rings which shows significant blow by on the rings.

oh she deffinetly over heated.. she was so hot it burnt the paint off the head in spots... lesson here is dont lend ur blasty to friends or family..the crank has normal play and rolls butter smooth still..the head has minor pitting so im gunna have my shop buff it out while they do the bore and hone 150 bucks including new piston and gaskets...ohhh yay

i'm sure you know, but don't cheap out and use a vito's (K&S) base gasket, the OEM one is much better, and significantly thicker

good deal, just make sure if you ever use one of their cranks that you don't use the seals that come with....i've got one leaky motor lol

oops i meant wiseco crank, they come with a complete seal and gasket set....stator seal leaked from the start, shift shaft leaks, and the output leaked, but that one may have been my fault. i think i nicked it with the trans

oops i meant wiseco crank, they come with a complete seal and gasket set....stator seal leaked from the start, shift shaft leaks, and the output leaked, but that one may have been my fault. i think i nicked it with the trans

suprising honestly.. wiesco is thru and thu a quality product usually.. i usually just buy a set of commetic gaskets if im splitting any cases or doing a top end.. so far no gasket failures in my years of working on dirt toys

ouch! make sure that chunk of piston didn't break the casesQUOTE]

make sure to do a leakdown, most of the time it'll break a chunk out between the crank case and the balancer!

XXXXXX 2,3,4,5, and 6. I've had three pairs of cases now which had breaks in them in the balancer shaft area and between the transmission input shaft and the crank. There are two thin spots in the aluminum at both those areas yamaha shaved down to make some room for things to fit in there that creates two weak spots in the cases. The crank spins very close to that aluminum and the broen piece will jam between the crank and cases and break the cases out right there.

The cases typically won't break when a skirt falls down into the case. How many engines have you torn apart which had a piston frag inside them? Me, I'm up to seven total rebuilds three of which were fragsTypically, the thing to worry about is the foreign object tearing the living hell out of the crank that's spinning around down there. You might want to check the crank for play and give it good visual inspection for galling. Alex, you do need to check the crank for bits and pieces of aluminum and make sure that the bearings are rolling over freely. If you have shards of aluminium on the head pitting then it's from 2 places:

ouch! make sure that chunk of piston didn't break the casesQUOTE]

XXXXXX 2,3,4,5, and 6. I've had three pairs of cases now which had breaks in them in the balancer shaft area and between the transmission input shaft and the crank. There are two thin spots in the aluminum at both those areas yamaha shaved down to make some room for things to fit in there that creates two weak spots in the cases. The crank spins very close to that aluminum and the broen piece will jam between the crank and cases and break the cases out right there.

haha relax guys i got it..cases are fine and intact..and to make double sure i ran a compression test and leak down..she passed with flying colors and is up and running like usual.. i also found out why she over heated and blew the skirt off..my cousin didnt clean the airfilter like i had advised him and took it to the dunes and clogged up with sand when he rolled it and the already dirty filter plugged with sand and he tried to run the piss out of it after that and the 90 degree temps ontop of the engine laboring for air was just much too hot