OH WOW! Get this...

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
Once I finished, I came back up to the top to let ya'll know that this is a very long post and it might be worth while to some, but others are gonna hate me.

I have said a few times that "all my wife will ride is her broom". Apparently, not so. I just posted "for the kids" and was on the phone with her discussing what I'll have to spend to get one of the little 70's rideable. Then I exclaimed that we have 3 kids - 2 toys. I suggested that we shop a little bit and maybe buy one of those chinese/korean $525 free shipping deals. That was just the bait...there are plenty of classics on eBay for about the same price. Some are ridiculous, others = $4-$500 with an availability of parts (now all this goes without saying on the forum but it's what I was telling my wife to understand $600 for an '86 v/s. $500 for junk).

Ya know what she says to me? I swear I 'bout fell over. She says..."well, what about me?!?" I was so excited! Not to get soft or anything. I have been trying for 11 years to find a "family" hobby. Every year I mention ATV and trails, every year it's..."ehhh, ummm, I don't know". This year I just left her out and viola! Never expected this and wasn't leaving her out to guilt her but I figured it'd be the same ole.

Now I have the Blaster, two girls have the ATC 70's (for now) and my son who is not yet ready to ride might get a new/used TRX 70. Unless I trade off on the girls and start him on 3 instead of 4. My wife can take the Blaster after I get used to riding again, scope out the trails I've never on, yadda-yadda.

BUT...she has never, ever, ever ridden anything. She told me the only "thing" she had ever been on was an old Honda 50 which she wrecked in a turn, burnt her leg, and vowed never again. 25 years later I got her to at try to ride the Trail 110. It stalled = so did she. That was it - until now.

This is turning into a long post but I'm about to go to work, I hate my job, and have no one to talk to about this.

She likes side-by-sides. When John Deere introduced the CX Gator, I just happened to be a mechanic and a dealership and was able to arrange a test drive (during lunch while the boss was gone vut the salesman was cool). She loved it. Hell, it was pretty nice. Topped out at 56mph but the price tag almost left me with a toe tag = $4900. I said "honey, two words, 4 wheeler". Anway, we go in Tractor Supply and she eye balls the steroid golf cart ($5200), Husqvarna at Lowes, Cub Cadet at Home Depot, all the sid-by sides.

I guess if I were to get one it would be very handy on the trails. It would have to be a RHINO or maybe, mayyyybe a RZR. They cost too much and I don't think they're for beginners.

I'm thinking 250-300cc and automatic. The sh*tty part is, the kids are LEARNING TO RIDE on manual transmission and race like heritage (that make sense, 3 wheeler old school, gotta know what your doin'?).

When it comes time for them to get a bigger bike, they would actually be stepping down.

Oh wait, I got it. Let the wife learn on the automatic. Step her up to the Blaster, sell the auto, and buy the kids a new one.

Ya what, I am so sorry I made ya'll read all of that. Like I say, really don't have anybody to talk to and I am very excited about this whole deal. What you just read were my thoughts as I had them. It was a complete waste of your time and I apologize vut hope someone will understand that I am in a great mood for a change. I really feel good and I thank The Blaster Forum for the opportunity to put pen to paper and clear my head.

In fact, I'm done.

Reactions: Street2uned
Mine Too! I love my wife but she is scared of her own shadow. I let her ride my blaster a few weeks ago and she loved it! She scares me now. She's burning my clutch. After I told her to shift it("it has gears?" she came back in fourth and didn't realize that you also have to shift down.:] Now she has it down pretty good but she is too wild. Thanks for the post. I am glad I am not alone out there.

wow that was long. and you figured out your dilemma in the process lol.

maybe another blasty project?

where in Va are you at?

Hey, consider it a win. My wife said she's wheel with me if I scrapbook with her...
Needless to say, I have no need to buy her a wheeler... lol

Glad we could share your excitement and troubles! Hope it all works out for ya!

I'm looking forward to my son growing a little and being able to learn to ride a 4 wheeler.

sweeeeet we are a family of riders also....we have 4 boys but the baby doesnt ride yet( he is 1 1/2)......i have a blaster my husband just got a new yfz my 7 yr old has a 50 ktm and our 12 yr old has a kx80. we also have a 1985 70 atc...here is a little video of us....
af7jaq.jpg

sorrry vid didnt work...but family rides are good for everyone. just remember safety first and people are going to get hurt....its a fact for beginner or expert. make sure she understands this so u wont get blammed when someone twist an ankle or something....and if u get frusterated while teaching them just remember the reason you are there!!! to have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

biotch what happened to the yamasuki? still go it. my wife tried to learn clutch when i got my blaster, she almost threw me off the back, when i had a cast on my foot,lol