octane booster

I got to totally agree with AWK.

Octane booster, is nothing more than concentrated content of sorts to give you a higher octance in your gas.

Unless you motor has a pinging or detination issue. Its not going to do anything for you.

People who use to have a really suped up, high performance motor, use to run, what was called turbo blue.

Back in theday goofy high school kids, would go get it and run it in there bone stock cars. A few of them ended up with blown motors or damage to the motor.

With 2 cycles, a high perfance fuel, is often leftto the pros or super moddded motors, who have learned to adjusting the oil mixture with the higher octane fuel, to not cause a lean condition.

Sporty

ok i dident think it would make a diffrence but you dont know for suer if you dont ask

I ask allot of questions too, Nothing ever wrong with asking. I try also to give the best soudn reply I can with what I know an try to convey it in a way, thats not agressive.

Sporty

like sporty said u only need to run it if u have a really high compression/performance and with these bikes u dont need it but i have a question about it too my dad runs it in his drag boat but he uses this stuff that says it has nitrometh in it i dont see any performance gains do u think it would see any performance gains with the blaster

I have a All Around built engine and have been planning to run 100 octane fuel in it .... (about the only thing great about living in florida) is this not a good idea??

a lot of people drive their ATV's up to the pump and use 100 octane (which is labled for aviation) anyway they use it. and i love the smell too..

if your bike is running well on whatever octane your using now, and shows no signs of detonation, then feeding it higher octane fuel is just lightening your wallet

higher octane, race fuel this, rocket fuel that, ect. isn't gonna add much performance unless your compression requires it.
save your money for pipe, porting and a head mod, then if your compression is over 165-185 psi., a 50/50 mix of 100+ and 93 may be required,
anything over 185 psi. may require a 100+ octane diet.

running anything other than 93 octane on a stock up to 165ish psi. compression is a waste of money

well i want the leaded gas to help lubercate it

you're thinking automotive, the lead helped lubricate the valve train, we have no valve train, and last i checked our reed valves, and eveything else in our engines gets all the lube needed from a good, name brand 2 stroke oil @ 32:1 mix.

but you seem aweful intent on wasting your money:eek:

you're thinking automotive, the lead helped lubricate the valve train, we have no valve train, and last i checked our reed valves, and eveything else in our engines gets all the lube needed from a good, name brand 2 stroke oil @ 32:1 mix.

but you seem aweful intent on wasting your money:eek:

well when i went from 87 pump to 93 pump i could tell a lil diffrence on how it ran so i thought if i got higher octain gas than that i thought it would it run better