Not getting feul?

02BlasterpRoject

So i sold my blaster to a friend, he rebuilt it and all. The problem is now that its back together... well somewhat... its not gettin any feul to the engine. it gets in the carb just no further. pulled the plug to see if we were gettin spark and we were and the tip of the plug was bone dry... any suggestions? Im thinking that he might need new reeds???

Clean all the jets an opening on the carb.....an check your reeds while the carb is off the bike.

When i check them what am i exactly looking for? He said that he took them off and sprayed them with carb cleaner and let them sit. so im not sure if he did something to the while removing them or not

So i sold my blaster to a friend, he rebuilt it and all. The problem is now that its back together... well somewhat... its not gettin any feul to the engine. it gets in the carb just no further. pulled the plug to see if we were gettin spark and we were and the tip of the plug was bone dry... any suggestions? Im thinking that he might need new reeds???

I have a very similiar problem. I asked around to a lot of people and they are saying it's vaccum lock. It's the damnest thing...mine is on a 28mm Mikuni.

I still never figured it out. I tried rebuilding, completely. I sprayed air in it, carb cleaner, and every hole has air coming through like it is supposed to but I never could understand why the carb isn't pumping the fuel.

Let us know what you find out so I can replicate.

*EDITED* I also tried pouring mixed gas into the carb and trying to start. It started fine but once that gas ran out, the carb didn't pump either.

Last edited:
Not correct

Carbs don't "pump". The air is sucked through the carb and the carb mixes the fuel/air. So if you don't have enough suck, check the compression and reeds for operation. If it sucks and you still have no gas it's a mechanical issue with the carb. Floats, needle, jets, something is stuck or plugged.

A

Carbs don't "pump". The air is sucked through the carb and the carb mixes the fuel/air. So if you don't have enough suck, check the compression and reeds for operation. If it sucks and you still have no gas it's a mechanical issue with the carb. Floats, needle, jets, something is stuck or plugged.

A

I understand all of that.

I also switched carbs and it ran fine. But I also checked every hole in the carb to make sure it wasn't plugged. Everything seemed to move the air, etc.

I literally checked everything when I was having issues with it. I checked the reeds, compression, and the carb. Everything seemed fine as far as I know but I never understood why I didn't get fuel into the cylinder.

Well.....

Since you were able to swap carbs and it worked, that narrowed it down some, huh?I:I

There are alot of things that can be off. Gaskets not sealing, plugged jets, floats don't float, crack in the body. It's a pretty long list of crap that goes wrong on a carb. I opt to swap them out after a good cleaning if it still don't work. Maybe a rebuild, depends on if I know whats wrong or not.

Without having it on my bench I can't help other than to say they are pretty cheap to replace.

You can check for vacuum leaks with carb cleaner if you get it to idle. Just spray it on the carb body and reed box, if you notice an increase in rpm's, you gotta leak. If you can't get her to run, you gotta bigger issue. If you are comfy with them, a complete dissassemble and clean isn't that hard. You should be able to find what's amiss.

A