not enough fuel

hspecer

Jul 24, 2010
michigan
I have a clear fuel line from petcock to carb and i only have about 2 inches of fuel in the 6 inches of line. I have a bad bogging problem and that may be the problem. What causes air in the fuel line? I have tried everything i can think of to purge the line but nothing works. Any suggestions?

clean out ur carb and take petcock out and clean it real good. seems like theirs blockage somwhere

I have a clear fuel line from petcock to carb and i only have about 2 inches of fuel in the 6 inches of line. I have a bad bogging problem and that may be the problem. What causes air in the fuel line? I have tried everything i can think of to purge the line but nothing works. Any suggestions?

It is normal to have a bubble in the fuel line!

Is the vent tube free of obstruction?

Have you leak tested?

Do you have a continuios dribble of fuel when cracking the float drain?

The bubble is caused as the line is blocked by fuel at the top and by the needle and seat at the bottom.

No need to worry about the air bubble in the fuel line, it is perfectly normal for it to be there.

Fuel will bypass the bubble because of gravity and will flow well and fill the fuel bowl.

If you are concerned, check for a continious dribble of fuel when cracking the float drain?

If you are bogging, suspect an air leak.

Yes it would leak and be wet. However if there is a split on a filter barb then it can leave fuel trapped above and below that point because fuel just cant totally empty from the line there.

No need to worry about the air bubble in the fuel line, it is perfectly normal for it to be there.

Fuel will bypass the bubble because of gravity and will flow well and fill the fuel bowl.

If you are concerned, check for a continious dribble of fuel when cracking the float drain?

If you are bogging, suspect an air leak.

i worry when it gets big enough that i sputters.... till i let up enough for it to be visible in the line again, i generally only have like a inch of fuel visible

i worry when it gets big enough that i sputters.... till i let up enough for it to be visible in the line again, i generally only have like a inch of fuel visible

If the bubble is causing you concern, remove the hose from the pet weiner and fill the fuel line with a little gas, the bubble will come to the top, then re fit the pipe.

Is the fuel filler cap breathing?

Last edited:
If the bubble is causing you concern, remove the hose from the pet weiner and fill the fuel line with a little gas, the bubble will come to the top, then re fit the pipe.

Is the fuel filler cap breathing?

yes its breathing.... and now after riding it today the hose filled all the way up.... so problem solved

Wow, nothing done and problem solved.
I guess Blaaster was right all along...
I have often noticed that to be the case, well worth listening to, that guy...

Steve

well yeah.... but i was riding it and doing nothing to it for like a week, and then it suddenly decides to fill up....