No throttle after top end rebulid

J2PUISANT

Oct 15, 2010
rockland county, NY
I rebuilt my top end. Replaced the piston, rings, honed the cylinder and went with a wiseco piston. That’s it. Carb was totally cleaned out. 1ST, 2ND, kick, and starts. Idles ok. PROBLEM: I’m not getting any throttle response. Zero. If anything it’ll cut off if I press the throttle to long.

FYI. This is the set up of my bike.

Stock header pipe
FMF slip on
Stock air filter
Can I get some troubleshooting ideas

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the parking brake switch, the big piece of junk on the clutch hand.

Unplug the wires (not cable) and follow them under the hood, then just unplug it there

Wow. That can cause it? Why it's that? Funny thing is during this rebuild I removed the p brake cable and threw it out. u might have something there. Thanks.

Yep, its happened to most everyone newer on here. Happened to me when i got my first one. And 95% of the time i suggest it, thats the problem

Herpderplop!!! Before i tell you that you are the man... It was about 9pm ina residential community lol... I disconnected that plug and wwwooooowww!!! Off of one kick the motor went racing. I kicked it one more time and whaaammm motor raced up like wow! Now the choke was on. I could not mess with taking it off and adjusting the idle and fuel screw. Neighbors would've rang my neck. Tomorrow after i get out of work i will try it and see about the adjustments. Did i tell you that while i had the motor apart and waiting for it to come from maxhine shop i decided to remove the p brake cable. The previous owner had a little wire tie tieing the clutch perch thingy together. So this whole disconnecting the p brake wire makes sense. I just hope that when i push choke back in, the idle comes down. And with adjustmenting the throttle, air fuel screw, and idle screw then you'll be the man!!! Lol