no idle at all...

DWall11

Aug 5, 2014
So I got SOME life into my Blaster but after I had to tow it behind my truck to get it goin. Kept kicking it....nothin....and then after I had towed it every time I could get it to run it would completely die every time I would come to a stop....carb looks good. But I will be doing a full engine rebuild in the very near future. Any ideas on as to why it might not be idling? Or is it just that I could only get 30 for the compression?

Im surprised it even ran at 30 psi. get a new top end on it and leak test it, heat cycle and torque it, then go rip up someones trails!

Reactions: DWall11
Hell yeah!! That's what I'm shooting for. The only way I could actually get it to start was towing it and from there it was off and on running. Off most of the time when I slowed down or stopped. The next couple days I'm taking it in for them to rebuild the bottom end for me and then I'm building the top end at home... (not too keen on opening that bottom end by myself)

Oh I don't know what kind of gauge it was..father in law had it and everything seemed to plug in alright

Watch the ken o connor vids. it really isnt that hard, just do what he does and you should be set. Btw most people on here set the baseline at 100 psi for a rebuild.

Yeah I feel pretty confident about rebuilding the top end after watching a lot of videos on it. I figured I would rebuild top and bottom to hopefully just get this thing back up and running with new components. The last person just tore this thing to pieces

Throw the tow rope away, not a good idea to tow to start if it will not kick start, there is always an underplaying problem.

You may be lucky the the only problem is a piston and bore and nothing has dropped into the crankcase.

If you are able, leak test it before you pull it apart to try to diagnose the lack of compression!

Yeah this engine when I bought it was messed up pretty bad. Rusted to hell. The kickstart would only kick half way down. I then took it to a shop they freed it up and got it loose. I bought a new spring for the kick start and just bought a new bottom and top end so just waitin on those parts now. I was goin 20 mph in my truck towing the Blaster behind to get it to fire up.