No Gas into carb

Blevins14

Jan 25, 2012
I believe I am having a fuel issue. No fuel is passing through the carb or into the motor. I checked this by using a clear fuel line and shut the fuel petcock off. I started with the fuel line full of gas and kicked it over and no fuel leaves the line into the carb. I have pulled the carb and tried cleaning it. What could this be. Clogged, reeds, or low compression.

Also mods are bored .60 over FMF pipe powercore silencer. Main jet is 130. Also when I pulled off the bowl on the carb it was filled with gas so its like it gets to that point and goes no where after that. I will check that as well. What would be the proper way of adjusting the float level.

I hope that's a typo! the stock jetting on a blaster is 230, you NEED to rejet for that FMF pipe too. probably be between 260-300 once it's dialed in.

do a compression check on it to make sure it's still healthy. double check that the pilot jet is clear and clean. it's pretty easy for it to get clogged up

Yes it was a typo. I meant 230. I know for sure it needs rejetted. Last night I actually cleaned up all the jets and still nothing today. Ill do a compression check and see where I am at then.

Yes it was a typo. I meant 230. I know for sure it needs rejetted. Last night I actually cleaned up all the jets and still nothing today. Ill do a compression check and see where I am at then.

So gas is flowing from the petcock? and filling the bowl up?

Here is proper float level adjustment from AWK-
4785-float-height.jpg

Yes that is correct. It seems like it fills up the bowl and then after that the flow just stops and goes no further. Also by looking at that picture I see where you measure from and to where but what should the distance be.

I would try cleaning the carb again . Make sure you get the pilot jet good. There's some very small holes on the side of the pilot jet that get blocked. I like to use a bread tie with the cover stripped off of it to the center wire. That wire in the center works great for reaming the gunk out of the holes.