Newbie from Okie!

tommyboy405

May 11, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
I finally set up my screen name and will be contributing to the blaster forum world soon. I bought my first blaster about 4 months ago, not running. It runs like a champ now. Just needed a few odds and end pieces. I will try to get pictures up soon. What it lacks in looks it makes up for in the motor department. I am not 100% sure as it what has been done to the motor except that it has an 35 mm pwk carb, a toomey b1, and a NGK spark plug. The last part it the most crucial.

-Tommy Boy

Awesome, thanks for the info and the welcome. After I post some pictures maybe someone can tell me a little more about it, but without xray vision I wont know what the bore is. I am going to do a plug chop soon to make sure on the jetting too.

WELCOME !!

List up any modifications you know of.
You're my kind of rider, looks aren't everything.
That's why mines named Dirty Rat Blasturd :D

Fair warning the images you are about to see will make you want to throw up. This is one ugly blaster that I plan to raise from the dead. I bought it the way it sits right now for dirt cheap, it was a barn find. I know it's dirty but it will stay that way until she gets a face lift. For now her name is Purple Reign the Ghetto Blaster.

For starters here is a general picture:
photo-6_zpsf2c30858.jpg

Next up is the purple gator skin seat:
photo-7_zpsd7baedf5.jpg

Now for the fun and interesting stuff:
A +6 inch swingarm to prevent wheelies:
photo-9_zpsb3bab6eb.jpg

A full Toomey B1:
photo-5_zps7eb1ddf4.jpg

A Keihin PWK 35mm carb:
photo-8_zpse2c2fad9.jpg

A rather large cooling head:
photo-3_zps6971505a.jpg

The most interesting part to me, a 6 bolt reed cage like a cr250:
photo-4_zpsbb216a5f.jpg

Other mods not pictured are:
Nerfs that were customized to fit
Banshee axle
Rear Hydro brake
Front hydro brakes (not installed)
Pro taper grips (not installed)
Front Hood (not installed)

Probably something I am forgetting but tell me what you guys think

I looked at the CT kit, that's what I was thinking it was just needed a second opinion. It runs about as hard as my buddies' trx450 and yfz450. It is one hell of a trail bike because it is geared so dang low. It feels like it tops out around 45 maybe 50. I am prepping another frame for it so it wont be so purple.

I looked at the CT kit, that's what I was thinking it was just needed a second opinion. It runs about as hard as my buddies' trx450 and yfz450. It is one hell of a trail bike because it is geared so dang low. It feels like it tops out around 45 maybe 50. I am prepping another frame for it so it wont be so purple.

Your lucky. That's a top shelf big bore kit there. Over a $1000 to buy one new.

I bought the quad and a truck bed full of extra parts for $400 bucks. It was missing a few pieces; the toomey exhaust adapter for the expansion chamber, brakes all the way around, a chain, the rest I had to piece together for the extra parts. I am still way under my $1200 dollar budget. I plan on doing a leak down on it before I ride it again and then a plug chop. It has to be in top running order because I have a buddy with a honda 250r that I have a bone to pick with.

It has to be in top running order because I have a buddy with a honda 250r that I have a bone to pick with.

welcome to BF tommy, even though we've been in contact :)

nice score for $400 !!! I:I

with that 40hp+ CT cylinder.... stock gearing and that toomey is gonna hold you back on the top end a little where the 250r will prolly pull you ?
make it a short race and 50/50 chances you end up with the bigger side of that wishbone, gonna come down to rider skill.
time for a 14 tooth front sprocket to spread that gearing out some

Last edited: