New vid just sliding around.

nice vid.. im about half way threw and i have some advice from one sideways rider to another.. when your trying to pitch it sideways, like when your turning right with the back end kicked out to the left, get off the right side of the quad , and shift your weight a lil closer to the front tire. and oposit side for left hard turns... it will get your center of gravitly lower so you can go sideways, and not feel like your actually tip over

and my self
and go to the last 15 seconds of this vid PICT0302.flv video by 4cfed88 - Photobucket

.. im not cuttin on your riding.. just trying to help you out.. watch them vids and study them!! no one taught me how to do it i taught my self so im using my experiance to help soneone else eventually you will work up to being able to do them at high speed...
i can pitch quads sideways at40-50 55 mph and kick up a mean roost!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the good advise. It ran so much better and faster with the fresh top end. I was hittin a few jumps out there, but no place to set my camera I need a person or a tripod. Not the most entertaining vid but it's something.

Last edited:
its cool man.. my camera man is my 2 year old and well.. lets just say he not so good lol... if you have any questions or need help with your sideways riding feel free to pm me.. i spent ALOT of time on the ice this winter... something like 60-70 hours i rode for 6-7 hours every sunday and one day durning the week for 4-6 hours.. all winter so i spend alot of time workin on controling it at high speeds sideways

best bet for learing is loose dirt OR if you can.... get the hose out and wet down your yard... not to make it muddy just went enough to get the grass slick..... thats a great way to practice. and helps keep it from hookin up and tipping over...

im sure your not out to be a champion sideways rider but the sideways stuff helps lot on trail riding, helps keep your speed threw corners and shifting your weight helps keep your stable threww high speed corners

awwwww, I want to see you jump that mulch pile so bad!!!

hahaha I tried to ride over it but I just started tunneling through it.

They have some gravel driveways that I can slide or drift for quite a distance..but They would be pissed if all the gravel ended up in the yard. So I stopped after a little bit. Where I was riding that field grass really likes to grab the tires. I really don't have a lot of riding time and I have only ridden some trails once. Hopefully this summer that will change.

another pointer would be to wind out the gears a lil farther before you shift. wind it out more and youll have to shift less. not busting on you just saying. go with what 4cfed said on shifting your weight and wind that biotch! lol

I was trying to take it somewhat easy since it was the first ride after the top end. I kinda followed the break in procedure.

good job following the break in, kinda nice when people follow that, than we dont have a post 3 days later.. new top end blew up lol

once its broke it fully have at er!! once you get usedto shifting your weight around you will get usedto it and it will be like second nature to you!

there are diff ways of shifting your weight and you just got to figure out what works best for you, like i said get used to it and when you trail ride it will work out for the best for you, and even mx racing also.. since we all know the faster you can carry speed threw the corner the more competitive you can be...

and being on a blaster your not at the power most of the newer quads are.. you will shart your self wqhen you realise you will be able to hang with 400s and 450s on trails once you learn how to shift your weight ,

last weekedn i was hanging with craptors and 400ex's on the trails and actually gaining on them threw corners on the wifes blaster