New to the Blasters

rhinorick

Jan 19, 2009
Idaho
Just picked up 2 blasters a 03 and 00 was wanted to do some suspension on them. It for my g-friend and her daugher. One is 5 foot tall and 110lbs and her daughter is 4 and a half feet 80lbs. I was thinking it needs to be streched out and widened out a bit. I keep seeing 3+1 arms on ebay wasn't sure if they are the way to go with a +2 swinger we do alot of dune riding and highdesert and help would be great. Thanks

that thing is gonna rip with a 80lb girl on it. same with your gf on it. this is what i would recomend, and i know that people are gonna be like thoes are not good.

buy 2 standard diamond j kits +4 or +6" whatever you want. they will run you about $400 shipped total for both.

next go on ebay and find some stud type wheel spacers. about $25.00 each shipped, so $50 total.

the 03 you will need ling brake lines @ about $60.00 shipped off ebay for some nice ASR ones.

find some banshee shocks for both, and a 400 ex rear shock for both. prices vary.i would say about $100.00 in shocks each.

Total $710.00

NOW...
if you have alot of cash to spend, get some extended a-arms like some +2+1 or some +3+1. gonna cost about $400.00 each brand new on ebay.

still need the brake lines.

g-force axle adjustable width from +2 to +6" about $180.00 shipped each on ebay.

you can use the banshee fron shocks, and the 400ex rear.

Total about $1400.00

or you could do spacer all around (not recomended at all) for like $100 or a little more total for both blasters.

here is a pic of my last build for my son. I know its not a blaster but it was fun to make trx90 I'm not looking to put that kinda $ into the blaster dont need a national level builds but the 2000 has wore out ball joints ext the 03 is tight so think I need arms on one at least and the kid wants to flat track race with my kids
DSCF2340.jpg

not disagreeing with what you said djack and not trying to disagree with you Rhino but honestly how safe is putting an 80lb girl on a Blaster regardless of the suspension? Blaster's are'nt known for stopping that well either. regardless of riding skill just not sure about what an 80lb girl or a 110 lb girl would do if they had to manhandle the thing for a sec like if it were to tip or rock up on a couple wheels? Blaster might be a lil much for them. one day ill pass my Blastoff to my 5 year old but not now lol

not disagreeing with what you said djack and not trying to disagree with you Rhino but honestly how safe is putting an 80lb girl on a Blaster regardless of the suspension? Blaster's are'nt known for stopping that well either. regardless of riding skill just not sure about what an 80lb girl or a 110 lb girl would do if they had to manhandle the thing for a sec like if it were to tip or rock up on a couple wheels? Blaster might be a lil much for them. one day ill pass my Blastoff to my 5 year old but not now lol

LOL the 110pounder is 31 and her kid is just that a kid. but thats why we went with blasters I like the blaster but they were made for smaller people. they were the step ya took before the 250r or banshee and they were and are a great kids or small person quad. there a pic of her at 8years old. now she is 10 you can see how she is to big for the kfx80 at 8 so 2 years of growing next size is the blaster wish I had a pic of her on the blaster it fits her great
kyleerace1.jpg

ahh didnt know the one was 31 my bad and while being big for the 80 im sure that 80 weighs alot less then a Blaster. even for being a small quad id have to see an 80lb move that thing around before id believe it lol

you might wanna look into something more like a phoenix, as much as i hate riding them, it seems like the best path for the moment, a blaster is a surprisingly fast bike and safety is a big concern

that kfx80 has over 14HP and revs over 1200RPMS it is faster 0 to 50mph than the 03 blaster we have with the sst pipe vitos ported piston and hi com head gasket the one the kid is riding has a stock motor stock pipe I've been on bikes and quads for 29 years not new to riding just new to modded out a blaster and a stock blaster is far from quick and very very very far from fast. but I was looking for suspension help not help with my kids riding skils and ya dont win the mini mod's by not knowing how to ride
2-9-10.jpg

2-17-5.jpg

yea Rhino not trying to give out learning lessons im still a newbie but i know widening it def would help and you might want to check the 00 and see what kind of brakes are on it (the drum brakes on a Blaster work as well as Fred Flintstone's brakes did) other then that welcome to the forum