new to atv's and have a little problem

2001blaster10

ok last night i was ridinig my brothers blaster just following a friend on a trail. as i gave it a little more gas it started to sputor then it putted and died. i tried starting it over and over then i fianly gave up it back fired a lil once or twice and that was it. so i thought probaly just fouled plug. so today i put the new plug in thinking everything would be ok and it didnt start. so i started doin lil thing here and there and found out its not getting any gas past the carb i took it off cleaned the bowl and that was manily it nothin eles because when i took the bowl off it all looked clean. i pulled the plug and it was bone dry so i decided to spray a little carb cleaner in the carb and it poped once or twice and would only pop if i gave it a couple of sprays. it was bought last week has a new pistion and rings in it. still has tors. idk any help would be grealty appreciated

Clean out your carb again. Check the reeds to, check for cracks, loose or broken reeds. Remove the tors, nothing good about it.

kk il go clean the jets right now but would that explain why it was running fine and then all of a sudden to a crap?

u said it was not getting fuel so ur jets could be blocking the fuel from going in,or the petcock is clogged

na the petcock is fine but im pullin the carb off as we speak

how do i check them just put my finger in there and feel for anything broken?

ahh no u take the bolts out hat hold the manifold on and pull it off then see if the flaps are fine then put it back in and bolt it back down

i would hope that its sumthin that simple cuz mine did the same exact thing and this happened.

PIC-0053.jpg
[/IMG]

so you might wanna check your topend just to be safe

and you might wanna lay off kickin it tell you find out cuz it could do more damage to the crank and cases, and that means $$$.

checked the reed they were fine, the choke had some stuff in it and i cant get the idle jet out its like binding up but im trying again and i hope that didnt happen either lol

it's prolly not the proplem but its sumthin to look into cause i would hate form someone to have the same sh*t face i had when i saw it lol

#1 if you not getting feul in STOP KICKING!!
why?! because no oil means kicking without propper lubercation and that means when you do fix your carb you wont have any compression!
if you keep kicking and it wont fire up its bad on the kick spring.. its not hard to replace its only 6$ but remember if you have to open the crank thats how ever much a gasket will cost so things will add up to alot of money

take ur carb off the quad and work on it sumwhere comftorble once its totaly dry cuz its hard to work on on the quad and it takes awhile lol

when u check the reed valve make sure the flaps are closed completly i test this by blowing on them to make sure the flaps dont open from the oposite side (not the manifold side)

i took the main jet out and cleaned it but i couldnt get the pilot jet out without stripping it anymore then it already it lol and its prboaly the collged one. would that throw the whole carb off? other then that everything checked out good and i discontcted the tors and idk i give up for tongiht lol its really pissin me off i guess ill have to compression test it tomaorw and maybe take apart the top end

that would be smart if you dont want it to be like rockys, mine also did the same thing but it only broke a little chunk off of the top of the piston, this was like a month after i bought it

well if the pistion is broke im gonna be supper pissed lol its just a week old today i saw the kid put the pistion in in front of me and as for that other jet i did get it out and i did clean it