New to 4 wheels

motodad

Aug 14, 2009
Hi, My name is Derek, I have been into bikes for years and just got my Son riding. He has a 05 rm 85. I sold my rm 250 and bought the 00 blaster in hopes it would be easier to follow him. I was right and this thing is a kick in the butt!!!!! I have never been so happy about a bike. It is still stalk other than I put a twist throttle on it and an extended swing arm. I:I I have never owned a quad before so be sure I have ??????? thanks for the time and have fun

I got into quads around the 8th grade, rode them for a while, then rode dirtbikes have a ktm125sx raced 125 A class and did good, but something about quads kept me in it. After switching back and forth numerous times, I've decided I like quads much better. The technology gets better and better, and I feel that within the next 8yrs we'll see pro level riders on dirtbikes doing the same lap times as pro level quads. It'll be an everyday occurance to see what happened a few years back with Ricky Carmicheals fastest lap slower than Jon Natalie's 2:22 lap time at Unadilla.

Sorry for getting off topic, but congrats on the purchase and hope you and your son have loads of fun on the bikes. I:I

welcome. If you want some simple power(if it hasn't already been done to it)take the airbox lid off and maybe get a nice air filter. you have to rejet for that but alot of people like the simple improvement. if it is still on a stock pipe, get something nicer, even a fmf for trails would be nice but fmfs power is low down and there not the best pipe for blasters specifically but everyone knows the name so they think there the best option. so new pipe, more air, maybe new reeds if you want more throttle response and then it should be fun. if your bigger, maybe go bigger with suspention if it already has enough power. some wider a-arms and nicer shocks make a hell of difference.

i did this thread up awhile ago, it may help you with some stuff you may like to know
http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/almost-everything-you-need-know-about-blasters-14622/

Thanks for the welcome. Im not a big guy (150 wet.) so I think some simple bolt ons will do fine. I did plan on a pipe, what would work for some mid range maybe some more grunt of the line. Some softer suspension would be nice. Like I said Im a little guy and as is I get bounced around a bit.

Thanks for the welcome. Im not a big guy (150 wet.) so I think some simple bolt ons will do fine. I did plan on a pipe, what would work for some mid range maybe some more grunt of the line. Some softer suspension would be nice. Like I said Im a little guy and as is I get bounced around a bit.
I have the same issuse I get bounced around and come home beat up. There are lots and lots of threads on pipes, do some searching around and you'll find the ansewer you need.

Welcome to the forum!!