New Tires, Rims, Hub & Test Ride

Livinstrong

Nov 22, 2009
CT
Hey guys, I had scored some ITP Holeshot XCTs 22x11x10 on ITP C series rims and two spare rims on Craigslist for 100 a few months back. The only problem was that the rims were a different mount pattern than the Blaster. I soon found out that 1989/90 Banshee hubs are the same pattern and after 3 months of checking eBay, found a pair. Mounted them up and here it is!

0731111818.jpg

The Blaster looks sooo much better with the new tires compared to the old, completely bald Fast Trekkers

Before:
DSCF5012.JPG

Now:
113_3007.JPG

113_3012.JPG

113_3014.JPG

113_3018.JPG

113_3020.JPG

Went for a test ride with the new tires, completely different... Much less torque, increased top speed and didn't ground out on every rock like I used to.
113_2990.JPG

113_2999.JPG

113_2984.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I think so, at least it looks that way

EDIT: Yea, with the 14 tooth from sproket, the 22's are really bad when starting on hills and such. Once I get the money I'll buy a 12t, and for now I'll put back on the stock 13

Last edited:
lookin good bro, and the added ground clearence is always welcome in them rocks,
you should see my bone pile of abused swinger skidplates
i'll have to get a pic tomorrow

Any hill is possible with the right amount of speed into it...
Yea, I went down a rather step hill thinking I had my old tires on and once it came time to come up it, I realized how much trouble I had gotten myself into haha. Had to be the most sketchy thing I've done, ripping up an extremely rocky, steep hill with the throttle pegged so I didn't have to push it... Hopefully when I put the stock 13 tooth back on it shouldn't be as bad.

lookin good bro, and the added ground clearence is always welcome in them rocks,
you should see my bone pile of abused swinger skidplates
i'll have to get a pic tomorrow
Thanks man! Oh definitely, especially with the trails I ride :eek: Haha that's hilarious!

yep 89-90 rear banshee hubs are 4/156, altough 87-88 and 91-10 are 4/115
Yea, finding a pair of those particular years took forever and was somewhat expensive (70 bucks shipped) but worth it knowing that it would allow me to mount those tires

glad to see you were able to ditch the fast trekkers. i have soem fast trekker fronts and they are truely the worst tires ive ever dealt with on this planet.

glad to see you were able to ditch the fast trekkers. i have soem fast trekker fronts and they are truely the worst tires ive ever dealt with on this planet.
Hmm, some people really like them:-/ Idk, I can't really say much, since I've gotten the quad they've been on it and bald haha