New project

Well with some very much appreciated help, and a few extra parts from the extremely generous fast6hand we got it running and heat cycled everything was running great!

So i took it out to a local little spot called the hell hole to run it around and finish breaking it in, bout two hours went by fiddling around with it and all of a sudden it starts to rev real high on its own... I already know its an air leak, so i shut it down and pushed it all the way back to my truck, as soon as the revving high started i shut it down immediately.

i just spent a grand on the engine rebuild you wouldn't think that would happen in just couple hours worth of easy riding. my carb boots are both tight as could be, exhaust isn't leaking, I'm hoping its just the cylinder nuts, i didn't retorque it down after heat cycles. but i also heard that that doesn't matter? i believe it does, i just haven't ordered the torque wrench adapter yet but I'm going too.

Pretty bummed on it but, oh well sh*t happens... gonna attempt to build a leak tester and figure out where its coming from so i can fix it. really hope its not either of the main seals don't mind the work but just don't want to have to do it after paying a sh*tload for it to be done

heres a few photos and a video of the first actual ride other than just putting around the neighborhood

Thats my girl, and my whole world, But that aint my truck haha
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3550.jpg

Sorry!! Videos without helmet not allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Herpderplol