New member ! Read this little problem

Protrix

Apr 12, 2013
New-brunswick
Hey guys well first of all i wana say hi to all my friends that drives blasters!
So bought this blaster 650$ top end was rebuilt everything was working fine till i went for a little 45 minute drive. clutch cable stopped working it was loose so i started to downshift witouth clutch .. and i heard a little noise and it stopped working like i turned the power switch off. now wanted to start it again everything was seized.. tought maybe i blowed the motor but when i started to take off the side of the clutch side i noticed bolts stripped and everything was broken.now i wana know the prices for all the parts i need 550$ for everything they told me. what you guys think i should buy my parts off i dont trust ebay...and i really like 2 strokes dont wana sell it or anything and for the future maybe buy performance part or make it more nice! thanks boys

e6f5lw.jpg

If you need a new clutch basket and hub i have the whole set up only thing is the hub shows signs of wear but still works perfectly.

the loss of clutch lever points to the center adjusting nut came off, and appears to have been caught between the sping bolts and the clutch cover = implosion.
looks like you'll need a pressure plate, probably have inner clutch boss damage from the bolts breaking off or being ripped out of the threads, and probably easier to find a full set of springs bolts, versus just buyin the 2 you need.
you really need to pull it completely apart to access the damage and make a list of parts. a trans flush with deisel fuel or kerosene should be done too, to get any shrapnel out of there

here's the parts you definately need from the pics.....

1998 98 Yamaha Blaster Yamaha YFS YFS 200 Clutch Pressure Plate Springs | eBay

Yamaha Blaster 200 1995 95 Inner Clutch Basket | eBay

most everyone on here uses ebay for decent used parts at great prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i went to yamaha and he gave me a list of parts that i needed.

- Primary driven Gear Comp
- Boss clutch
-Plate pressure 1
-Plate friction 2
-Spring clutch boss
-Plate clutch
-Fritction plate

comes to a total of 525.98$ if any of you guys would have any of this parts if good shape let me know plz ! thanks alot

So i went to yamaha and he gave me a list of parts that i needed.

- Primary driven Gear Comp
- Boss clutch
-Plate pressure 1
-Plate friction 2
-Spring clutch boss
-Plate clutch
-Fritction plate

comes to a total of 525.98$ if any of you guys would have any of this parts if good shape let me know plz ! thanks alot

With the sources on here and using ebay you should be able to half that price quote or at least take it down by a third, but like Awk said you do really need to tear it down and assess the damage before you start shelling out money to be sure that it isn't a lost cause. You can get second hand parts for much less than new parts from Yamaha and they should serve you well if they are in good condition, you would however want to get a new set of clutch plates and springs.

Welcome to the forum. Get in there and get your hands dirty. You can replace those parts for half what the stealership can do it for. Get ahold of a Clymers manual or download it off of here to help out. Very detailed instructions on how to just about anything to these quads.

You can get all those parts on ebay for well under $100, Prolly a cheap torque wrench too !
Stay out of the stealership. !

Alright guys thanks for the help ! really apreciate !! for the parts like the clutch you guys would prefered after market parts? i see like the clutch basket .. the one i had looks cheap ..and the one from yamaha is 261$ and i saw one here the wiseco one .. is the tougher? would it last me long ? and also the clutch kit .. mine that i have right now are like black i dont know if its normal looks like their still threads on it , but what clutch kit should i use? and also if i buy just normal parts and aftermark is there chance its not gona fit?

1- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wiseco-Clut...ies&hash=item4d060639c8&vxp=mtr#ht_1907wt_681

thanks <awk08> for the help man !!

i took appart pretty much everything and cleaned the inside now i wana know should i take out anything else ? i mean it looks clean to me . it only did dmg where the clutch kit was.. i mean the rest looks fine to me.

214cmz8.jpg