New Here, Just Picked Up A Blaster

RidingTwoLive

Oct 12, 2013
Mountain Home, AR
Hello all, I am new here. I just picked up a 2000 Blaster
I plan on being active here and hope to learn allot!
I have owned 1 other Blaster besides this one and it was a 2003.
From what I can tell it needs some work on the jetting, I will have my mechanic look at it Tuesday, I am the son of the owner of a Yamaha Shop so I'm sure it won't be a problem for long, unfortunatly I still have to pay for the bill Lol... I:I

A little info on my quad...
FMF Gold Pipe, Powercore II, Vforce III, No airbox, UNI Pod Filter, Oil Injection Blocked Off
Pro-Action Rear Shock, ITP Wheels, Holeshots (front), Bazookas (rear), DG Nerf Bars, Fly Handlebars

More to Come... :D

Attachments

• Blaster 2.jpg
    Blaster 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Blaster 3.jpg
    Blaster 3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Blaster 1.jpg
    Blaster 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 157
I would guess your main jet should be in the 310-320 range with that pod filter and pipe. Depending on elevation of course.

Welcome to BF I:I

Ok, so the guy before me had it jetted way too rich! It was at about a 198 in a keihin carb and now it has around a 155 and it is running so much better! One of the reed plates had a small crack so I ordered a set of those plates along with, grips, donuts, handlebar pad, gasket for the reeds, studs for all the wheels (They were using bolts -_- ), a gasket for the head where the exhaust meets it, a 2.7 gal fuel tank, a ratio rite cup, a gear shifter, levers for both sides, and an outerwear/prefilter.

Last edited:
Got my outwear, levers, handlebar pad, grips, grip donuts, gear shifter, gas jug, ratio rite, and my reed petals in. I installed everything except the petals, my mechanic is waiting on the gaskets for the reed cage between them and the motor if I remember right.