new here carb help

steve

May 14, 2012
williamstown NY
hi everyone im new here just got a blaster 2 weeks ago blew it up last week rebuilding it next week i need help figureing out how to re jet it when i rebuild it cuz i dont want to blow it up again it has fmf fatty and powercore 2 vforce reeds and a maxima pre oiled air filtter and is going to be bored .20 overI:I can any one give me advise on what jets im going to need or if any one is running the same or simalar set up what jets are you running ill post pics as soon as some on tells me how:-/

I presume it is the stock 26mm Mikuni carb.

#270 TO #280 main jet , needle in middle slot , 32.5 pilot.

After assembly do a leak down test, or if still together do one now.

Do a plug chop to confirm the jet, starting with the #280.

Yes, definitely do a leakdown before you disassemble if you can, find out if you had/have an air leak. Is the oil injection still hooked up? If not, were you running premix at 32:1? What carb are you running? What are your jets currently? Did your air box have the lid on it or not?

theres a couple reasons i was ripping a doughnut wot on pavment in second gear for like 45seconds it didnt have a air filter (came in the next day wtf) and i was running premix and didnt know they never unhooked the injector and i dont belive they had jetted it when they put the pipe on and the piston broke when it blew i took the jug to the shop to have it measured and it was std but it was a bit warn out of shape so im going to get it bored .20 over

theres a couple reasons i was ripping a doughnut wot on pavment in second gear for like 45seconds it didnt have a air filter (came in the next day wtf) and i was running premix and didnt know they never unhooked the injector and i dont belive they had jetted it when they put the pipe on and the piston broke when it blew i took the jug to the shop to have it measured and it was std but it was a bit warn out of shape so im going to get it bored .20 over

If the piston broke, you will have to split the cases to clean and check for any breaks in the inside of the case.

Sounds like you beat a tired horse my friend! Stock jet sizes, if I'm not mistaken is a #230 for a 26mm Mikuni carb, with a 32.5 pilot. Running premix AND oil injected shouldn't have been a bad thing, well, less fuel, more oil and more air...you could argue either way. Anyhow, leave the donuts for the cops.

haha i tend to do that ride hard or don't ride at all ;p and there wasen't any oil in the tank they just stopped using it i disabled it the other day and i dont have the tools to split the cases and iv'e never done it so im gunna take a chance and flush the base 0_o

haha i tend to do that ride hard or don't ride at all ;p and there wasen't any oil in the tank they just stopped using it i disabled it the other day and i dont have the tools to split the cases and iv'e never done it so im gunna take a chance and flush the base 0_o

It's your motor but there's a good chance that it will come back and bite you in the wallet by not doing it the correct way. At least buy a leak tester and do a leak down test to make sure you don't have any air leaks from a break/ crack in the case do to the broken piston piece. You will be wasting a bore and piston.

Good luck, I'm trying to steer clear of a complete tear down myself, gonna wait til she blows like you did.

i dont have a fly wheel puller or a clutch puller or a leak down tester and if it blows it blows i have another jug blown up blaster motors are cheap :) or maybe a rm 250 motor

Here is the problem, no air filter = lean mix by one or two jet sizes!

See the maths, two jet sizes too lean = BANG! and if it is the stock #230 = BIG BANG

More oil will still allow detonation from a lean mix, and will still blow enough smoke to fool you that the jetting is correct.

i dont have a fly wheel puller or a clutch puller or a leak down tester and if it blows it blows i have another jug blown up blaster motors are cheap :) or maybe a rm 250 motor

Before it blows, rip it out and post it to me, I will look after it!

yeah it seemed to be running good though it was smoking a little plug was golden brown when i pulled the top end i know it needed an airfilter ordered one day after i got the wheeler came in day after i blew it up i think the biggest problem was the piston was a little to small

lol and no way about sending it to you im not gunna beat the pi$$ out of it this time and going to make sure everthing is good if it blows its gunna be from a peice of the old piston that i could have missed o.0

lol and no way about sending it to you im not gunna beat the pi$$ out of it this time and going to make sure everthing is good if it blows its gunna be from a peice of the old piston that i could have missed o.0

Split the cases and inspect visually, then chase with a good cleaner, then chase with compressed air...and you shouldn't have to worry about any old piston pieces.

hi everyone im new here just got a blaster 2 weeks ago blew it up last week rebuilding it next week i need help figureing out how to re jet it when i rebuild it cuz i dont want to blow it up again :-/

If any bits of the piston has got into the crankcase,( even a bit the size of a pin head ), as sure as eggs, are eggs, and no matter how gently you ride, there is bound to be carnage.

There is no way to remove all of the schrapnel from a crancase, other than by splitting it, and inspecting and cleaning.

No amount of flushing will remove a piece of grit trapped in a bearing.