new! help?

00'iceblaster

Jun 7, 2012
indiana
ok so first off i am new to the forum and also just bought my first blaster yesterday! its a 00' thats mostly stock to my knowledge i do know that the oil tank has been removed and that the po said he has just been pre-mixing 40:1 also it has new tires new clutch and clutch cable, new twist throttle and grips, a pro ciurcut 304 silencer, and a k&n filter which is nasty so i already have one on order(it is way to bad to even clean and no telling how old it is)..so what my questions are is how do i find out what they did to delete the oil system?..and what pre mix should i be running?...and also what are just some general things to check over on the quad?
any advice will be of great help!

ok so first off i am new to the forum and also just bought my first blaster yesterday! its a 00' thats mostly stock to my knowledge i do know that the oil tank has been removed and that the po said he has just been pre-mixing 40:1 also it has new tires new clutch and clutch cable, new twist throttle and grips, a pro ciurcut 304 silencer, and a k&n filter which is nasty so i already have one on order(it is way to bad to even clean and no telling how old it is)..so what my questions are is how do i find out what they did to delete the oil system?..and what pre mix should i be running?...and also what are just some general things to check over on the quad?
any advice will be of great help!

on the foot brake side you have the engine there is a casing near the front that is held in with philips screws take them off and if you can't see a silver plated block it means its been removed but if its still there there then you will know if he hasn't removed it. i just took hoses off my one as you need to split the case to get the gear off the back of the motor so im just leaving mines until im doing rebuild.

ok cool thanks im just bought to head out and change the oil in it now so ill pull that cover off and check it out and is ok to use 10w-40 lucas motorcycle oil for the case oil?

and also what are just some general things to check over on the quad?

ment to add to do a leak down test just incase you have a air leak . also just general maintence oil change,tyre pressure, tighten all nuts and bolts incase theres any loose, and alot of people on here is running 32:1 im currently not running nothing as im in process of rebuilding but il be running 32:1 once its going as hardly anyone has bother with that mixture.

on the foot brake side you have the engine there is a casing near the front that is held in with philips screws take them off and if you can't see a silver plated block it means its been removed but if its still there there then you will know if he hasn't removed it. i just took hoses off my one as you need to split the case to get the gear off the back of the motor so im just leaving mines until im doing rebuild.

You don't have to split the case to do the delete. The most Important thing is to make sure the oil injection port on the carb is blocked off. You may want to pull the carb apart to check what jet size your running. If you run stock jetting with an aftermarket air filter, you will be running lean and hurt the engine.

You don't have to split the case to do the delete. The most Important thing is to make sure the oil injection port on the carb is blocked off. You may want to pull the carb apart to check what jet size your running. If you run stock jetting with an aftermarket air filter, you will be running lean and hurt the engine.

yeah man im going to get a OKO 30mm for it soon anyway as my carb is starting to leak petrol pretty bad. is 30mm ok or would i be better with a smaller or bigger one?

Thank you for this correction BD7. Responding from my phone is too much of a PITA.

If you really want to get into it, drain the oil, pull the clutch cover off and look on the inside of it to see if there is a white nylon gear there. If there is, take it off. Then block the lines so you don't leak oil, you can look the smaller one back into the bigger one and then seal it. After that, like BD7 said, block off the line going to the carb.

While you're inside the clutch cover, might as well do some inspection and verify for yourself the clutch is new and see if there are any shavings or debris in the oil...it's just a good maintenance thing to perform seeing how you didn't do it.

Thank you for this correction BD7. Responding from my phone is too much of a PITA.

If you really want to get into it, drain the oil, pull the clutch cover off and look on the inside of it to see if there is a white nylon gear there. If there is, take it off. Then block the lines so you don't leak oil, you can look the smaller one back into the bigger one and then seal it. After that, like BD7 said, block off the line going to the carb.

While you're inside the clutch cover, might as well do some inspection and verify for yourself the clutch is new and see if there are any shavings or debris in the oil...it's just a good maintenance thing to perform seeing how you didn't do it.

yeah man i think il leave it until im tearing engine down. as my drain plug is rounded so need to get it off somehow but il worry about it when it comes to rebuild as its got the oil i use in it just now anyway without me putting any in it are there more to blaster engine thats crosser engines or do they have the same stuff? just im imagining me taking it apart and it being all different haha

yeah man i think il leave it until im tearing engine down. as my drain plug is rounded so need to get it off somehow but il worry about it when it comes to rebuild as its got the oil i use in it just now anyway without me putting any in it are there more to blaster engine thats crosser engines or do they have the same stuff? just im imagining me taking it apart and it being all different haha

Best thing I can tell you is to refer to the manual in my sig. Pretty sure there is exploded views in there. If you don't find it there, go to CheapCycleParts.com - Cheap Cycle Parts and look at the different schematics there...plus you can get an idea of pricing. I:I

All you have to do is take the front plastics cover on the clutch side and the oil injection pump is rite there. You do not have to remove the clutch cover itself.

yeah man im going to get a OKO 30mm for it soon anyway as my carb is starting to leak petrol pretty bad. is 30mm ok or would i be better with a smaller or bigger one?

You may want to stay away from the OKO carbs. They seem to be hit or mis on the quality. You would have to mod the air filter boot to fit an OKO. If not not planing on doing a lot of upgrades on your motor, a 28mm carb may work out better for you.

You may want to stay away from the OKO carbs. They seem to be hit or mis on the quality. You would have to mod the air filter boot to fit an OKO. If not not planing on doing a lot of upgrades on your motor, a 28mm carb may work out better for you.

i will be doing a few upgrades eg exhaust, v force reeds thats about it really with engine apart from rebuild.

ok so i changed the oil and drained all gas out and put in pre mix that was 32:1 and check under the plastic cover in front of the clutch cover and there is a silver piece with two wires running into it and it lookes like there is black plug were the oil pump would go if i am looking at it right(it looks like a port that would go straight into the case right behind that silver piece) also after going thru that and checking everything else out i slaped the old air filter back in and its started first kick and even now being cold it still will start on the first time!and i know nothing with carbs i mean i have the knowledge to tear down the motor just never messed with a carb so any advice where to start with that would be awsome
thanx and again for all the other help!

If the carb was jetted to use 40:1 premix, and you change to 32:1, you may need to increase the main jet one size to compensate for more oil in the mix.

More oil = less fuel = lean mix = detonation.

It would pay to do a plug chop to confirm your jetting.

Ok cool ill do a plug chop and find out whats going on there but also if some of you guys that has had your blaster know any really good sites for parts let me know cuz ive found alot of sites but not sure about quality and what brands are best for blasters... i was thinking about here soon getting a full fmf exhuast and then it would deff need to me re jetted but i was just gunna buy a new/better carb and put the money into that! Just let me know what ya think and some good brands to uae or try out....also for swing and axle im going to try and find a +4 swing and not sure on the axle size yet but let me know what some of ypu guys have and if its any good for the money!
Thanks

If you are thinking of getting stuff and you find it, post a question about it and as sure as eggs are eggs, someone here has got one and can comment on it.

Like, I can make comment on the FMF, it is a good low/mid pipe, but in my opinion the DMC Alien is better, and has a much sweeter sound.

But that is my opinion, and others opinions will differ.

Thanks about the exhaust thing ive never heard of that alien exhaust but do they make the expansion pipe and everything or is better to get t like a fmf fatty 2 expansion and an alien silencer?