new guy

That's mind blowing that your piston came out of that jug lol. Most machine shops will measure the bore and piston and tell you if its in tolerance for next to nothing. Catch guy in good mood and prob get it done for free. I'd see bout getting it honed (here its 35 bucks) and seeing bout using that piston or possibly replacing it since blaster pointed out the brass peg. As for the sudden dying of your engine mine did same thing last week. Ended up that I broke a reed and it wasn't creating the proper back pressure to pull the fuel in the cylinder. Alot of great guys on here that'll help. Welcome and have fun

Other than I doubt that's a Genuine Yammy cyl. :eek: that whole kit is less than half of what a bare cyl costs :http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2006-yamaha-blaster-200-yfs200v/o/m145312#sch524644 :(

Tho I might consider it if I were in need. Unless it's total junk. Without someone buying/trying we'll never know

Definatly not genuine according to their screed.

NICHE-1479 is a brand new complete standard sized Cylinder Kit. It comes complete including New STD 66MM Cylinder, Slip Coated Piston Kit & Gasket Kit exactly as pictured. As with all our parts, this kit is BRAND NEW, and NOT Re-Manufactured like most kits available online. Our parts are factory monitored to OEM tolerance and are bolt on ready! Quality & Performance Guaranteed!

I am sure tempted to try one, I may if they can do a good deal on shipping for me.
I have been chasing a used one for months and now a new one comes up at the same price as used .

Thanks for the link. This is probably the best forum I'm currently on! If I bought that would I have to take it to a machine shop for anything or could I assemble it right out of the box?

Don't forget "leak test, plug chop", it's our motto...

About the pins missing on the piston:
Is it possible the piston and rings were forced into the cylinder with the ends not aligned with the pins?
This would press the pin into the piston or bend or break it off.
I have never done or seen this. Is it possible?

Steve

I'm gonna order the kit off ebay. Do yall think that gasket kit will suffice or should I pick up another one? The carb looks like it has mold growing in it lol brake cleaner didn't phase it. I'm gonna soak it in some parts cleaner on day this week at my uncles. Need to still buy a clutch perch, clutch lever, clutch cable, brake perch, brake lever, front and rear brake cables, the front brakes do not work. At all. The rear brake is even worse. Need front wheel bearings, sprockets and a chain.

you can clean the carb out with carburetor cleaner.

In a nutshell, carb cleaner and brake cleaner are the same thing however some carb cleaners have a small amount of lubricant in them which leaves a residue on whatever it's used on, it can also be slightly better at removing gas glaze. I just use brake cleaner for everything as its the cheapest of the 2 from my supplier and leaves no residue.

Actually carb cleaner and brake cleaner may be very different things, or could be the exact same. Carb cleaner has to be able to burn and has to have a lot of solvent action, brake cleaner is more of a "wash". Generally brake cleaner is not a direct replacement for carb cleaner.

Yeah, the gasket kit will be fine. It doesn't take very much to seal these engines up. Typically just the gaskets dry (NO sealer) will do, but the reed cage is often a bit of a problem. Do NOT use RTV silicone sealer. Three Bond 1194 is the best stuff, most bike shops have it.

Look up "leak tester" on this website and make or buy one to test for leaks. This is very important.
Then read up on "plug chop" so you can properly jet your engine.
Do these things and it will live long and prosper.

Steve

Actually carb cleaner and brake cleaner may be very different things, or could be the exact same. Carb cleaner has to be able to burn and has to have a lot of solvent action, brake cleaner is more of a "wash". Generally brake cleaner is not a direct replacement for carb cleaner.

Yeah, the gasket kit will be fine. It doesn't take very much to seal these engines up. Typically just the gaskets dry (NO sealer) will do, but the reed cage is often a bit of a problem. Do NOT use RTV silicone sealer. Three Bond 1194 is the best stuff, most bike shops have it.

Look up "leak tester" on this website and make or buy one to test for leaks. This is very important.

Steve

Well the stuff that i buy has exactly the same composition bar a small amount PTFE lubricant that is in the carb cleaner. I checked my local automotive parts store and it seems that the composition varies considerably between brands.

Besides, the most effective thing to clean out carburetors properly is compressed air.

you should be perfectly fie with that kit it's a bit expencive for me cause i'm usally broke lol but it seams like a quality kit to me.

If you have to buy a new jug, these look like a pretty good buy:

NEW! YAMAHA BLASTER 200 YFS200 CYLINDER PISTON GASKET TOP END KIT SET | eBay

1.jpg

The whole sheebang, brand new, all for $269.95
Now you could chase around and find a $20 gasket set, $50 piston, $100 stock bore (most life available) cylinder, $10 wrist pin, but add some shipping and possibly needing a professional hone and oversize piston and you are into some complication. This item is a one stop shopping item good for a beginner.

4.jpg

Combine that it has a piston with the exhaust side cut out, mimicking porting.
This setup will make good power by reving a bit higher than stock. Only one thing more you have to do when you are ready for more power...

I don't know the quality of these kits, but they look like a pretty good deal for a beginner that needs a cylinder and piston without a whole lot of complication.

Steve

This kit is on the way. Should be here Friday I hope

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

i used orange rtv on my intake and it works fine?

i used orange rtv on my intake and it works fine?

Yup, it might, for a while.
RTV is not fuel resistant, it swells up and goes weak with time. Contracts when the fuel dries out.

They taught me this in school and I had to experiment with it on my own too.
Especially do not use RTV on the case halves, it takes a special ThreeBond 1194 sealer.

I believe you need more posts to be able to sell stuff.

Steve