New Guy

mikenacarato

Apr 20, 2008
Franklin, TN
Hey, I'm Mike from Franklin, Tennessee. I just picked up a 2001 Blaster a few days ago and I've been having an awesome time since! When I picked it up it had a full Bill's Pipes exhaust and a K&N intake filter. I do want to get into the performance aspect of this quad and want to know what are some good things to do to it. I know I need some new chain rollers, does anyone know of a good place to get some poly rollers?

-Mike

welcome, i would highly recommend the vforce3 reed valve, and u will need to rejet once you add the reeds. i would also recommend getting the cylinder ported and polished, and porting the piston to the intake size, you could also do a +3 mm stroker crank, or there is also the bigdaddy of them all, the 240 big bore kit, all of those parts in combination will make a VERY! fast little blaster

Thanks for the reply! I do want to do soem serious engine work to it but in the mean time I want to repair any small issues it has, like the rollers. It is already pretty quick with me on it, I weigh nothing. :)

cool, checkk your carrier bearings, check your crankshaft for any play, you an take off the flywheel cover and see if the shaft moves there, and you may want to upgrade your shocks to banshee fronts, and a z400 or 400ex rear