New guy

Mosca

Apr 7, 2010
Hi, Ive stumbled across this forum from time to time when I google search things for my little winter blaster project. I have a 400ex that I primarily ride but I picked up this little blaster for next to nothing and then stumbled across a guy selling a ton of new parts for next to nothing so its been a work in progress for a few months now. Anyway, I figured I am always reading these forums so I may as well register. So here I am. Its a long story but I basically started with a massage chair I payed $180 for, traded it for a go-kart with a 340cc Arctic Cat motor on it, then traded the kart for my blaster. It was starting a life of lawn ornament as the kid had run it into the ground.
Next, I found a guy who sold me 2 A-arm bushing kits, swingarm bearing kit, Left Crank Bearing, Engine oil seal kit, 3 sets front wheel bearings, some gaskets, main transmission shaft, kick gear, kick/idle gear, 1st gear wheel, 2nd gear wheel, 1 set brake shoes, nice used set of ITP front wheels, and some other little stuff I am forgetting, ALL for $100.
Then, I had a $50 gift card to rockymountainatv and used a $20 off of $150 coupon and got silencer packing, axle bearing kit, gas line, carb vent hose, full gasket kit, bolt kit, D.I.D chain, stock tooth front and rear sprockets, grips, new clutch perch/lever and maybe a couple other small things.
Again, went to rockymountainatv.com and got a 67mm wiseco pro-lite piston and wiseco wrist pin bearing and took cylinder to be bored, guy just called to say its ready.
Used ebay and got a really great DG silencer for $38 and a sprocket hub off of a 2002 for $9. I got sprocket hub because my sprocket hub is STUCK STUCK STUCK on the axle and I am going to have to cut it off, which I havent gotten to yet.
Also in the mail are 5 bearings for the bottom end. I completely dissasembled this quad down to every nut and bolt and sandblasted EVERYTHING including engine cases, cylinder and I am about to start blasting the frame which I will repaint with duplicolor metalcast in blue, should look good as long as I prep the frame well and apply the primer evenly. I repainted the cylinder in a dark mettallic high heat grey so its not quite black, just a little different than stock, should look good. So, if you read all this and give a crap, thanks! thanks to everyone who has left info in these forums because I have used a lot of it so far on this project. My computer is being a pain lately so I cant post pics right now but will try again in a minute, the only ones I have right now are of the stripped down frame anyway.

Hey welcome to the forum, sounds like you're doing a thorough job on a pretty sweet project.

welcome to the forum man, start yourself a build thread and get the pics figured out! sounds like you're off to a great start, you may want to use the metalcast base coat too, if you want it to really pop

welcome to the forum, sounds like you got a real good handel on things, man i never come across deals like you posted, maybe if we hang out your luck will rub off, lol. get some pics up i think we all would like to see the progress and final product. but like brand said start a build thread