New guy with a question...

barker14

Apr 9, 2010
Nova Scotia Canada!
hey,
I have been looking around for a sport bike to buy and I happend uppon a 1999 blaster with a fresh rebuild with about an hour on it. the owner is an older guy that wants a 4x4 fourwheeler to get to his camp. I have ridden quite a few bikes but never a 2 stroke fourwheeler (driven other racing bikes and a few 2 stroke dirtbikes) I am planning on going to take a look at the blaster over the weekend and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for or be sure to check. I have been searching around here on the forums here for a couple of weeks and this seems to be the place to get any info I would need about the bike. So if anyone could give me some blaster specific things to look for or ask about the bike when I go for a test drive I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

if you got a compression tester take it with you and test the compression.ask him what bore it is on and ask him what size piston is in it.do you have any pics of it?how much does he want for it?

check the balljoints, check axle bearings, check the compression, and make sure that there are no air leaks or anything like that

check around the head bolts, the jug base bolts, the intake boot, and the air filter boot. If all these check out then you should be good.

hopefully all this checks out and ill be adding some pics of my new blaster over the weekend. Thanks for all the help and thanks for welcoming me to your forum.