New guy here from NY Sup Everyone!! 04' Blaster here

SalM

Aug 1, 2011
New guy here from NY Sup Everyone!! 04' Blaster here NOW FOR SALEE!!! LOOK INSIDE!

GUYS SHE IS NOW FOR SALE!! ALL STOCK 2004 BLASTER BLUE IN GREAT CONDITION WITH HOLESHOTS ON THE REARS WITH PAPERS $1800 OBO FLEXIBLE A FEW HUNDRED $$'s

Whats up guys my names Sal and I live in NY. I just recently picked up my 2004 Yamaha Blaster (2 Days ago). And so far I LOVE it! I haven't even gotten to ride it Its all stock but its a work in progress.

I already started my build on it. there was a decent amount of rust on the foot guards and the muffler and the rear bar was scratched up a bit.

So what I did was I painted all the above black! Give or take a couple of months right after the summer season of riding I'm going to be stripping her down and going ALL OUT! Which I'm really excited for and cant wait. If I'm lucky and money permits SWAPPPPPP might be in the question!! ;)
Here are some recent pics, and thanks for all the info guys!...

A quick question how do you take off the front bumper so I can change it?

And if you guys have any good mod reccomendations that'd be great thanks!

Now time for some pics!:
JpL37l.jpg

CFlu0l.jpg

Started the tear down of the foot rest and rear bar and the muffler that all got painted black.
diTZ3l.jpg

cKcWyl.jpg

Me holding it while my brother power washes her
m00sRl.jpg

She's nice and cleann now!!
jwfc0l.jpg

9na4Al.jpg

She's taking a nap after her getting a fresh paste wax, then spray wax, then leather care on the seat and then I Armor Alled the tires
oQgNTl.jpg

And that's my baby so far until the actual teardown and build up!

Last edited:
signes-smileys-emoticons16.gif

Look in the Rebuild Section for some ideas on mods.

You'll need to remove the hood to get to the top bolt for the bumper. Then there's two bolts on the bottom.

Ugh...try not to powerwash it...if you do make sure you have a grease gun handy and try to avoid spraying the front...I just fried my CDI unit the other day washing it...NOT with a pressure washer. What I mean by keeping a grease gun handy is the pressure washer will literally push all the grease out of your a-arms, swingarm, etc.

Ugh...try not to powerwash it...if you do make sure you have a grease gun handy and try to avoid spraying the front...I just fried my CDI unit the other day washing it...NOT with a pressure washer. What I mean by keeping a grease gun handy is the pressure washer will literally push all the grease out of your a-arms, swingarm, etc.

Don't worry I'm already 10 steps ahead of you B) lol I greased everything right back up after the wash :D Thanks for advice though I appreciate it!! I:I

signes-smileys-emoticons16.gif

Look in the Rebuild Section for some ideas on mods.

You'll need to remove the hood to get to the top bolt for the bumper. Then there's two bolts on the bottom.

Awesome Thanks alot for your help man I appreciate it!! Can't wait to get her off and painted for now until the teardown begins!

cant wait to see some work done to this... looks like you take real good care of it!

Thanks man, yeah I take REALLY GOOD care of everything I own I baby my toys, I also have an 05' Raptor 660 that I starting modding too have about $500 into her so far, she's mint tho I bought her mint now just some visual mods because theres more then enough power there. Also have a 97' CR125 that looks spotless!!

Any ideas on performance mods? Like powerbands pipes exhausts. Etc one thing I'm not going to do is take apart the engine like boreing it out and changing the piston etc. One thing I really might consider doing that I had in mind was make the gears larger you guys know having 1st last longer the. It does stock because I have to shift right away gears 1 2 &3 when I'm fully ripping and in the powerband.

A 14 tooth front sprocket its nice will not make as much low end power but will do better up top and keep 1st a lil longer. Boring it on wont do much of anything the only way to get power is a big bore kit 240 or sleeving for a 240. Also no piston will really add power on these but if you ever get a new one use a forged piston so it doesnt shatter. A good pipe for a stock engine is fmf supposedly great low end power for trails etc. A pipe that does better for worked engines or more open areas is a right bend f7/lrd/dynoport etc. Reeds really wake up throttle resonse and can be cheap. The really bang for your buck(so ive heard not from experiance)is porting talk to flotek or wildcard on this site they will do it for you and have good rep. Make sure after almost any mod to rejet.

Awesome thanks man! I'm going to look into all of that. and to be honest I want to try to avoid opening up the engine for now, once the engine go's on its own then I'll tear it open and get her done the right way.

Thanks man! I try to keep my toys as clean as possible they all get washed after every ride etc. When not in use I LOVE to keep them clean just to admire them.

But guys stay tuned in a few months for my entire teardown and rebuild thread!! I'll be starting around Christmas time maybe 2-3 weeks earlier because I get a really NICE HEFTYYYYY Christmas bonus and I hope you guys know what that means!! :D B)

welcome to our sickness bro !!!!

and i can see someone chewing your ass for gettin greasy wd-40 on that nice paver brick driveway ????

Thanks man! I try to keep my toys as clean as possible they all get washed after every ride etc. When not in use I LOVE to keep them clean just to admire them.

But guys stay tuned in a few months for my entire teardown and rebuild thread!! I'll be starting around Christmas time maybe 2-3 weeks earlier because I get a really NICE HEFTYYYYY Christmas bonus and I hope you guys know what that means!! :D B)

That's what we like to hear. Haha can't wait to see the teardown and rebuild of it!

:D
Looks sweet, cant wait to see more of it

Thanks man, like I said just wait for the tear down!! :D

LOL I can see the neighbors calling the police when you start buzzing up & down in that "suburbia" setting with that 2 stroke :D

bear1k.jpg

HAHAHA Yess, I just brought her there I'm going to my upstate house tomorrow to pick up our other 2 quads and Dirtbike Then going to our 46 acres in the middle of nowhere for some sickening quadding!! I'll take a bunch of pictures for you guys if you want! And for anyone interested the other quads are:

Older Brother: 05' Rappy 660 With a few nice mods.
Younger Brother: 11' Tao Tao Ata-125g. (Just got it for him for his birthday:
My Self: 04' Blaster awaiting a sh1t load of mods!
Mine And My Older Brothers: 97' Cr125 that runs like a champ with some mods.

That's what we like to hear. Haha can't wait to see the teardown and rebuild of it!

Thanks man, I stayed up till 6am planning everything out. LOL NO SLEEP!!

welcome aboard man, where do u live in ny??

I live out on Long Island And thanks for the welcome man!

welcome to our sickness bro !!!!

and i can see someone chewing your ass for gettin greasy wd-40 on that nice paver brick driveway ????

Haha I know how it is dude, I've been on multiple BMW forums for years! I had one of the sickest BMW show cars out there, but I sold her to move on to bigger and better things, First being 3 quads and a dirtbike in the same month!!!!!!! I:I:D And yes they started chewing my ass until they made me put a drop cloth underneath to work on her.

Blaster is officiall for Salee!! First one with $1800 obo takes her. Flexible few hundred $$'s 2004 Blaster Blue in absolute great condition with holeshots.

Guys I'm Keeping Her!!! Pickin up an Fmf Powercore 2 exhaust in a few days!! I got a really good deal. full pipe and silencer fatty chamber with power core 2 silencer I got all that for $100 now I'm just waitin for pick up. If anyones interested, My Honda Cr 125 is up for sale in great condition. Text me at 516-860-6823 for pictures of it!!