New goodies for the blaster

thatcarguy09

Jul 18, 2011
Franklin, IN
www.facebook.com
I have been spending some money on the blaster this last week. so I figured id share all my goods I got along with some pics of course.

Pro Taper Bars
Rockstar Energy Grips
Uni Filter
Outerwear Airbox Cover
Boyesen Super Stock Reeds
Walmart headlight swap
Relocated Ignition

and Ive ordered a 400ex rear shock from ebay, along with new bushing from ken o'conner.

Tomorrow I'll be sending off my spare head to Ken for him to do the head mod on!

6039c485.jpg

I couldnt decide if I wanted them above the plastics or below. went with above so they wouldnt get so dirty.

42d2a0b7.jpg

I had to relocate my key because the new bars were to low to turn the key

6143c623.jpg

key is tucked into the front hood. easy to reach and turn no problems

8d7db74a.jpg

85160d8f.jpg

3e58aaf2.jpg

0325eaa2.jpg

The stock reeds were in awsome shape but still replaced them anyway

320968e7.jpg

dc498b1a.jpg

Im running a 280 main jet right now. I live in an apartment complex so its hard to tune here lol. but i did a pull till the top of 3rd and killed it. here is what my plug looks like. nice and brown. cell pic is kinda crappy. further tuning will be done when I can actually ride.

9bf96a6e.jpg

I have been spending some money on the blaster this last week. so I figured id share all my goods I got along with some pics of course.

Pro Taper Bars
Rockstar Energy Grips
Uni Filter
Outerwear Airbox Cover
Boyesen Super Stock Reeds
Walmart headlight swap
Relocated Ignition

and Ive ordered a 400ex rear shock from ebay, along with new bushing from ken o'conner.

Tomorrow I'll be sending off my spare head to Ken for him to do the head mod on!

6039c485.jpg

I couldnt decide if I wanted them above the plastics or below. went with above so they wouldnt get so dirty.

looks sexy with those bars and light! :)

nice little upgrades bro !!!

lil tip about the wally world lights....the outer ring that holds the lens in luvs to come loose and escape capture while out in the wild, couple dabs of silicon glue, or a wrap of electrical tape will save you from losing them

you did get foam filter oil for the new uni ???

nice little upgrades bro !!!

lil tip about the wally world lights....the outer ring that holds the lens in luvs to come loose and escape capture while out in the wild, couple dabs of silicon glue, or a wrap of electrical tape will save you from losing them

you did get foam filter oil for the new uni ???

I actually siliconed them bad boys up when I swapped the bulbs! and for the filter oil, can I just use K&N filter oil on it?

Misread thought u put a graphic kit on it.

Havent ordered any yet, but this summer is definitly gettin some graphics

It feels good to get new parts. That's the same place I mounted my lights.

New parts are an addiction! now that I have these I just want to order even more! guess next paycheck I will. :D

i would get some actual foam filter oil if it was me, im sure the k&n would work ok but for 9 bucks why not get the good stuff??

agreed, i wouldnt risk using K&N on a foam filter,

little update for everyone. I installed my 400ex rear shock monday night! next upgrade will be the head mod when I get my spare head back from Ken.

here are some shock install pics.

Right out of the box from ebay.
49122572.jpg

After some clean up.
845600a2.jpg

New upper bushing and bolt from Ken.
f30d844f.jpg

Stock Next to 400ex.
4fd819d4.jpg

Stock removed
623a8336.jpg

I think I was drilling out the bottom bolt holes in the shock.
ddd97373.jpg

400ex installed
3f7aa204.jpg

You will love the feel of that 400 compared to stock! Tip: put a washer on the bottom right side to keep it from floping around.