New from New Mexico

DiFino95

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everybody

My fiancé and I recently bought our first 4 wheeler a few weeks ago, a 97 blaster. I've been into cars for years but I've never owned or worked on a 4 wheeler. I was told it had a 240 kit, and the a-arms and swing arms were extended. One of the a-arms was bent and a ball joint was shot, so I ordered a set of stock arms from eBay. I also noticed what I thought was a pinging sound, so a friend of mine helped me re-jet it. We went from a 310 to a 420 and the blaster loved it... That day after we rejetted it I let my friend ride it to see how much better it felt and while he was on it the ball joint came out of the socket! Thankfully he's a better rider then me, and got it to a stop safely with the a arm dragging. So I decided to completely disassemble the blaster and paint it while I was waiting for the a-arms to come in.
Before:
8bda935c.jpg

After:
6e3b4bae.jpg

82e7e730.jpg

I took some advice I found on here before I joined and used an industrial enamel coating for the frame, seems very strong and chip resistant so far
b4f8e227.jpg

Then the second ride after reassembling the blaster, a piston ring failed!!! And it turns out the blaster is not a 240. Wonderful..ha. So I put a weisco super stock piston in from Vito's, and picked up some vforce 3 reeds and a new clutch kit while I was at it. Also, during the time I was waiting for the parts to arrive, I tried my hand at a port and polish job with the videos posted on this forum. The blasters all back together now and running well after the break in procedure. Needless to say, I am vary familiar with my new blaster!!! Next plans for it are a new bumper, six pack rack, and some nerf bars. I look forward to reading a lot more great info on this forum!

-Justin

Welcome, nice job on the rebuild. I looks really good like the color. Be careful of those back tires they look hungry. Might want to search on the raptor heel guard mod.

Thanks everybody for the compliments. I haven't done a plug chop, but the plug is a nice mocha brown color. And yes I'm definitely looking into some better heel guards, I'd like some nerf bars so maybe I can find some with integrated heel guards.

Thanks everybody for the compliments. I haven't done a plug chop, but the plug is a nice mocha brown color. And yes I'm definitely looking into some better heel guards, I'd like some nerf bars so maybe I can find some with integrated heel guards.

dont forget to plug chop, if its brown from just riding around and stuff that doesent really mean anything...you have to plug chop then if its that color your good!