New from Indiana

Techtonix

Apr 15, 2013
Indiana
Hello, I'm Matt from Indiana. I came across this forum last year while looking for parts for my 88 Blaster and have been lurking here since. I acquired my blaster from my Grandpa who was tired of spending money on it. The Blaster sat for over 8 years, so I decided to rebuild the top end and carburetor. I also tore the bike completely apart and re-painted the frame, wheels, bumper, engine, axle carrier and powdercoated the A-arms and swingarm. So far the only mods I have are a Pro Circuit exhaust, cheap lowering kit (I don't jump the bike anyway), and flipped wheels. I look forward to getting to know some of you and gathering really good info about our Blasters.

Sorry about the junky smartphone picture, I took it last summer.
2a92o9d.jpg

Last edited:
I agree on the leak test. Right now I'm having trouble keeping cylinder gaskets on it. I can't figure if I'm not torquing the cylinder down properly or if the area where the cylinder meets the case is uneven.

welcome to BF Matt !
nice work restoring the blaster

watch the ken oconnor racing vids on engine assembly, i think he shows using a touch of yamabond where the cases meet that may help cure your problems ?

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed-51169/

Those videos are very helpful, Thanks! I'm getting ready to install new gaskets soon. This time I'll be sure not to go too quick and do a leakdown before I start the thing up so I can address my problem and save myself from future headaches. Thanks for the welcomes too! I:I

Welcome to the forum. I would be careful of them A-Arms if you had them powder coated. The ball joint may pop out. I've read there's a plastic piece that holds the ball joint in that may melt from the heat that's used to melt the powder. .

Welcome to the forum. I like the looks of your blaster, its got a kind of a stealth look.. Keep up the progress.