New exhaust is leaking

OIL wondering if there is a gasket between the head and the exhaust or do i just use some rtv sealer B) thanks for any help
As far as i know there is no gasket/seal between the block and and pipe. It is possible that you might be mistaking the exhaust leak with the transmission overflow hose the drops down by the exhaust

there should be a round crush gasket that seats in the head between the headpipe flange and the exhaust port. usually they get stuck in there so you dont notice them when removing a header. they are cheap and should be used

Some will leak. Mine does and it has the round gasket. Not a ton, but it does. No concern. I:I

use the crush thing and some high temp rtv. i did the same w/o issues.

there IS a O ring that sits between the jug and the header. u should also have a spring there too if u dont have one.

Spring????? I think only for FMF/stock. Most aftermarket do not have springs only ones I've seen are FMF but I can't remember stock

You have a crush seal that looks similiar to an metal ring that is the stock seal,

It is pictured in the unopened package with the stock type head gasket

2mewh2q.jpg

If that is not sealing properly, Cometic makes a exhaust seal thatr works in conjunction with the crush seal - Pictured here -

16iabr7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

the cometic gasket works great but you need to make teh holes considerably bigger in order for it to fit. i have no idea wtf they were thinking there.. its not even close lol :eek: :eek:

u can get the one beats is talking about at any auto store, i used them and it stopped it completely, they are thermo gaskets, cost me 2 bux i think.