New carbuetor

DAugust84

Feb 22, 2016
I just put a brand new oko 30mm carb with a bunch of jets( i got for free from a buddy) and i have no clue where to start jetting . Right now i have a 150 main and a 50 pilot in it i have to choke it for it to start and when it dose start it wont ideal and when i give it gas it revs ok for a sec and then totally bogs out and dies. What dose this tell me about my jetting, it ran fine before new carb.. i have never had to jet a carb before. When j bought this blaster it came jetted all ready. I put the new carb on because my stock one is cracked.

I've never messed with a 30 oko, but I've been told the horror stories about trying to jet them by people that have.

Where is your carb cracked at? If your not running a highly modified engine, the stock carb is your best bet. The stock 26mm mikuni is a very reliable, easy to tune carb. I still run one on my bike because of those reasons.

Maybe try putting a wanted ad up for a stock carb, I'm sure someone has one laying around they would sell you.

What are ALL your mods and what jets are in old carb?
VERY rough rule of thumb is Kehine/OKO pilot # is 2X a Mikuni. So a stock 32.5 would be about a 64-65 for OKO
Main jet # are 1/2 of what a Mikuni is. So the 150 that is in the OKÓ is about equal to abut a 300 Mikuni.
Because these are rough estimates you have to start large and work down.
What did this carb come off of?

Do a search on Google and here for 30 mm Kehine and 30mm OKO for jetting.