new carb/tires.

blaster03

Feb 9, 2010
ohio
okay im about to order some new tires and a carb... is a 250r stock carb good for a blaster? and would size 16x6.5-8 be nice? any ideas i have 150 bucks to spend.

you're gonna want a taller tire than that. at least an 18 inch tall. and the 250r carb is a little big if your bike is just stock

you're gonna want a taller tire than that. at least an 18 inch tall. and the 250r carb is a little big if your bike is just stock

bike is not stock. 240 kit. sooo would that carb work? and the tires on my bike now are 22s... so i thought those would provide better take off?

18X9.5-8 im ganna order this size.. and will that carb be good i need to know so i can order... how will my throttle work with it and how will i need to jet it?

18's minimum on the rear tires or your gonna catch every root and rock on the trails for lack of clearence, personally i like the taller tires for clearence, 20, 21 or even the 22's, then re gear it with the sprockets for better low end, and i wouldnt go any bigger than a 35mm on the carb, i think the 250r's are like 38's??? find out what size it is, and yes it will need rejetted,
a new intake and adapted to your airbox side boot

Last edited:
no stock 250r carbs are 34mm PJ......so yes that 34mm, stock 250r carb would be great

EDIT: dang you brandoz, you beat me to it

man like awk said go with atleast 20's, i have 18 inch turf tamers now and i hang up on everything if you stick with the 18 i would invest in a good swingarm guard

yes you can by 35, 36, 38 watever size you want for a 250r, but a stock 250r carb is 34mm......trust me i have a heavily modded 250r...ahah but we have a 38mm carb on ours......lol

ya im ganna shop around for the tires. but i ordered the 250r carb... just need to know what jetting and how am i ganna make the throttle from the blaster work... also how to modify it to fit with my boot.

take a lighter or tourch and quickly run the lighter around the edge of the boot quickly just so it heats it up and makes it stretch alittle easier.....but i doubt it will work with that big of a carb, prob have to buy a new bigger boot

definately need a 34mm intake and a different throttle cable and adapted to the rear intake boot, and as for jetting, i'm doing it now, have a 48 pilot, 155 main and its still rich, this is a no answer question, trust me, i asked a hundred times and got that many answers, it's a test and tune thing till you get it right

definately need a 34mm intake and a different throttle cable and adapted to the rear intake boot, and as for jetting, i'm doing it now, have a 48 pilot, 155 main and its still rich, this is a no answer question, trust me, i asked a hundred times and got that many answers, it's a test and tune thing till you get it right

Well someone tell me I can still use my boot and what throttle cable will I need

you can dremel out your stock carb intake boot so the 34mm will fit......did you get that carb i showed you from ebay that was a 34mm pj same thing i run and it was 50 bucks

you can dremel out your stock carb intake boot so the 34mm will fit......did you get that carb i showed you from ebay that was a 34mm pj same thing i run and it was 50 bucks

yep thats the carb i got. thanks alot for helping me with that. rep is on its way.