New blaster owner from PA

mk2dubbin

Aug 5, 2012
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi prior to posting any future question threads I may have in store...

I ride a 2001 Banshee and yesterday picked up a pair of blasters to turn into one nice one for my girlfriend as we go along. They are both basket-case projects and I already know a lot of parts are missing and will be perusing your classifieds for what I need, I am sure.

We bought them because the one has white plastics, tank, and hood with a teal seat and she loves the colors. The tank graphics have teal in them as well. I was expecting it to be around a '91 based on the similar colors to a '91 banshee but the VIN number makes us believe it is a 2001. Anyone else have a white 2001 with a teal seat or is this quad just a mismatch of parts?

Either way she loves it and will be happy, just curiosity is all. It's going to be a ground-up refresh (not a full-on build) just to make sure everything is legit and safe for her.

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi prior to posting any future question threads I may have in store...

I ride a 2001 Banshee and yesterday picked up a pair of blasters to turn into one nice one for my girlfriend as we go along. They are both basket-case projects and I already know a lot of parts are missing and will be perusing your classifieds for what I need, I am sure.

We bought them because the one has white plastics, tank, and hood with a teal seat and she loves the colors. The tank graphics have teal in them as well. I was expecting it to be around a '91 based on the similar colors to a '91 banshee but the VIN number makes us believe it is a 2001. Anyone else have a white 2001 with a teal seat or is this quad just a mismatch of parts?

Either way she loves it and will be happy, just curiosity is all. It's going to be a ground-up refresh (not a full-on build) just to make sure everything is legit and safe for her.

Sounds like someone mismatched the seat... However Some pics would be sweet Oh and welcome! White/blue most popular fender covers, we even have some purple/yellow monsters out here!

Where in PA?? I live very close to kennywood park. Kennywood Amusement Park

welcome to another PA. bro !
where ya located ?
as slick stated...we luv pics here, to see what your working with and it's end results
then you can start another thread in off topic on them mkII's
i've had 6 of them myself (damn, i miss my '91 GLI)

I am in central PA - Harrisburg area, but north. I will take a picture of the tank graphic so you guys can help me out. I love the 90's styling and colors, and so does most of my friends. Yamaha was so on-point in that era and now every manufacturers quads look the same and hideous.

With regards to the mk2's - I am down to one toy now and it's a 91 16v on itb's. everything is built in the drivetrain except the bottom end. The daily driver is an 04 audi A4 ultrasport.

I am in central PA - Harrisburg area, but north. I will take a picture of the tank graphic so you guys can help me out. I love the 90's styling and colors, and so does most of my friends. Yamaha was so on-point in that era and now every manufacturers quads look the same and hideous.

With regards to the mk2's - I am down to one toy now and it's a 91 16v on itb's. everything is built in the drivetrain except the bottom end. The daily driver is an 04 audi A4 ultrasport.

There is a few guys on here that will make custom decals even match factory ones!

welcome. im also in harrisburg area, well actually hummelstown but its right near harrisburg.